Thread: 2005 IT salary survey

Default 2005 IT salary survey

I just came across this piece of interesting reading on Certification Magazine’s 2005 Salary Survey. Those salaries listed in the survey are sure motivators to attain some of the top certs ... then again it would also require some migration as well since local companies don't pay that well (to the best of my knowledge ).

Here's the survey table summarising the average salaries of top certs.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

MCP Magazine has put out there 2005 salary survey as well. Interesting stuff.

Salary.com also provides some information on what jobs are paying in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    then again it would also require some migration as well since local companies don't pay that well (to the best of my knowledge ).
    Aint that the truth.

Interestingly, the article also highlights the importance of having a Degree. This is crutial for those who think that the certification alone can do the trick. Sure you maybe able to earn a somewhat comfortable salary, but then you will have to rack up the years of experience in order to be comfortable. Let me take liberty of quoting something from the article (as posted by Chris).

Most respondents have completed at least some college work. About a quarter have completed only a high-school diploma or technical training. Nearly 9 percent have earned an associate’s degree. More than 36 percent have earned a bachelor’s degree, and 22 percent have earned a master’s or doctorate. There’s no arguing that the more education one pursues, the higher his or her salary grows. A doctorate-level degree generates the highest average income among respondents, at $68,160, while those respondents who reported having a high-school diploma only earned $43,150 on average. Those with a four-year bachelor’s degree earned an average $53,320.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

thats some awesome paycheque to be getting even without having a degree, you can be getting around 43k to 60k usd per year.

Interesting link but i really dont see any progress happening here in the caribbean! I guess this is for the wider market, a global thing! We all know that technology will conquor the world but its a matter of time before people start to realise how leet our fellow "techies" are in their specified areas, and that we will contribute thoroughly in evolving our primitive human society.
    But with all the income hike and income cuts, we as "techies" do what we do for knowledge because we love to learn therefore we'll continue what we do.
    Nice post though cris

"Only two things are infinate, the universe and the human stupidity, and im not to sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
    Google is FREE

You're right krash. We need a link like this for the Caribbean to see what we're supposed to be paid. even to the nearest hundreds of thousands per year

yeah right...hurry and wake up
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

yo hear wha farin a dweet, wha unu deh pan, the day we can get paid like that out here the country will no long be in debt, till then red white and blue here i come