Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons to wait for ps3

well if xbox 360 is easy to modify as xbox (and anadtech has shown that it is)
    well for that alone i will buy an xbox 360 will save me tons on buying originals
    PS3 will have blur ray technology yes.. but how many people gonna have a blue ray burner or can even afford the blanks(which arent even out)not to mention that modifying PS2 always deterorates the hard ware unlike xbo
    (which i can testify for have had a modded xbox for two years now no problems 160 gig samsung hard drive tons of games,apps etc)

Modifying any console to run illegal burnt games is counter productive.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

right ....
    i hear you but .. the fact that it was nmodded by 30% of its users xbox
    and they liked what it could do afterwards
    i think those same buyers will buy the xbox360 just for that value
    me being one o f them ... i am gonna get one by march definetly

assuming that the 360 can be moded or that moding does not degrade the hardware

it is in Microsofts interest to protect their devices.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

ok ppl xbox360 protection is the cpu, the cpu can detect if the system moddded or not if the system is modded the cpu stop and xbox360 can't turn on. xbox360 now can be modded easy their is a error in the cpu core but wait and see if microsoft is going to fix it
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

Quote Originally Posted by dwightja24
    well if xbox 360 is easy to modify as xbox (and anadtech has shown that it is)
    well for that alone i will buy an xbox 360 will save me tons on buying originals
    PS3 will have blur ray technology yes.. but how many people gonna have a blue ray burner or can even afford the blanks(which arent even out)not to mention that modifying PS2 always deterorates the hard ware unlike xbo
    (which i can testify for have had a modded xbox for two years now no problems 160 gig samsung hard drive tons of games,apps etc)
    even if sony doesnt go this route, software is more important than hardware
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

blue-ray ps3 disc is not going come out right a way ppl ps3 will use dvd9 8gig disc on till a game thats going need that 50 gig space
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

From dey can both play DVD and there is a free tool for me to create my own custom software on them, then I am cool. I can make my own program and put it on a DVD and happy. I remember back in the days of the supposedly drivebay dock for the N64 that could acheive this but never materialized.

The next zelda for Nintendo suppose to good. Twilight Pricess? Always, the worth is more than the wait. And Starfox too. In the end, game rules! Graphics only help the really good games. There are a couple games for 360 and PS3 that I have to see too - Resident Evil and Perfect Dark - which coulda all come pon all 3 consoles, so I meant GT5 and Halo.

From a wannabe game developer perspective, connectivity, graphics, monitors and dics size of PS3 good, even backwards compatibility means means that I could still push out a game for the psone and PS3 users could play it. 360 is extremely fast in processing, and has 90% of the featues of PS3 just mentioned.

It is really a hard choice as a gamer between the 3 consoles. But as a developer I'd take the 360 and the PS3.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

I'll go for the backward compatibility since I'm coming from a PS2
    The understanding of knowledge is the beginning of wisdom........

I currently own a XBOX 360 and honestly unless you have a HD TV, you wont notice much of a difference between the next gen games and prior ones out - but XBOX live is great and is the main reason I opted to buy the XBOX 360 now but I am a SONY man and once the PS3 comes up you guys can look for me postin my xbox for sale on Techja - PS3 will own X360
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5