Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Mis-Perceptions (As suggested by Xeno)

Default Re:Visual Mis-Perceptions (As suggested by Xeno)

true but history is the story of how they lived. how we live is governed by ideaology.

History also governs present ideaology, thus... we learn from the past.
    History also repeats itself. In fact, when dealing with biblical issues, history is still being fulfilled.

interesting take on it matro....like history dictating the future as well.....i guess thats why we have progression.... caan reach di top a di stairs without climb the first eeeh.....unless yu hanglide..... ;D
    innovation overwrites history then i guess...

you know i really dig that crazyillusion piccy. i wonder if we had an arched corridor and implemented that around one of the edge, if we would percieve that erffect as we approached the arch through the corridor. ???

[quote author=matronyx link=board=1;threadid=1822;start=30#msg18165 date=1063902051]
    Hmmm... seems we are going into the number one of the best discussion starters in the word : RELIGION.

Nas, I truly am sorry about your experience with that witness lady. Did this person make a comment that gave you the impression that you could not have known anything about the bible?
    Are you assuming, just as you said that she did, that her intentions were to make you ... uhhh... stand out ?
    Jehovah's Witnesses are from all walks of life and every corner you look.... low and behold....there they are.
    In fact, many of the Techjamaica members are witnesses .... [/quote]

To be honest I have studied with Jehovahs Witnesses for nearly five years!!! (lots of studying).

Anyways.....

Matronyx it was the things that she was saying. So being Nastro...I just asked her. Her response, I don't strike her as a person who knows much about the bible (ouch). That as you may know spouted a sterling rebutal...I almost felt sorry for her when I was finished schooling her.

Never judge anyone by looks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed these would make interesting discussions....but I don't think that Chris would find it in good taste that we discuss RELIGION on his TECH site..

Maybe if he had an OFF THE TOPIC FORUM where we can blabber about other things.

Ooookay, going back to the subject matter for which we were previously occupied...

...The following posts are of artwork done by the famous M.C. Escher during the 1950's to 1960's. He had started a new wave of abstract art called Optical art, or Op Art as it is colloquially known. His artwork has been featured in many psychology texts and used by many cognitive psychologists, particularly at Yale & Hardvard Universities for research into this subfield of psychology. Many of these pieces you will have already become acquainted with either from in school or in periodicals.

Enjoy.

Xeno I think you have too much time on your hands ;D

I have an MC Escher T-Shirt ;D

Got it when I was like 13...
    I got almsot all his artwork on my PC too.

Research has shown that young children cannot identify the intimate couple because they do not have prior memory associated with such a scenario.
    What they will see are the nine dolphins.

check this site out. it shows in 3d what the eschers objects would actually look like.

http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~gershon/EscherForReal/