Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't access sites with .jm suffix

Default can't access sites with .jm suffix

I am experiencing the strangest thing. When I try to access sites with a .jm suffix (eg. jalive.com.jm, www.mct.gov.jm, www.jis.gov.jm) I'm getting the message that the "page cannot be displayed". I can visit any other site, but not those with a .jm end. I've tried 2 different ISPs and same result. Any body else experiencing this? Any suggestions? ???

Default Re:can't access sites with .jm suffix

you having serious issues - MCT site is down - but mine isn't
    check again - http://jalive.com.jm - same thing http://www.jalive.com.jm

Ok i've found that 4 of my associate cant access the .jm either - all are using infochan - but they were able to access it through my hosts subdomain - which i am not oing to post ;D

Well I'm convinced that it's my ISP. I spoke with a tech support rep. and they're supposed to get back in touch with me, so we'll see.

Your ISP isn't the problem. The problem is at UWI. They manage the .jm domains and as of late have been experiencing problems.

The major sites that keep experiencing down time are .gov.jm domains.

UWI needs to tighten their belt, we can't be having dificulties accessing sites just because they can't keep their DNS servers up and running.

I had occurred to me that the prob could be at UWI, but I failed to believe that something as important as this they wouldn't have safeguards in place, especially on the weekend >

i dunno if its UWI because i could access all .jm that were functional over the weekend - MCT was down - its back up now but extremely slow >

Now I can access everybody once again ;D I suspect it had to do with the .jm domain admin - UWI

It's been over one year since I heard UWI was looking into getting a satelite backbone. I guess the paper work is still sitting on someone's desk. I agree it's UWI not your ISP.

[quote author=CISSPaskme link=board=1;threadid=21;start=0#288 date=1029197750]
    It's been over one year since I heard UWI was looking into getting a satelite backbone. I guess the paper work is still sitting on someone's desk. I agree it's UWI not your ISP.
    [/quote]

I was told that the problem is not with UWI, still not totally convinced though

UWI has had a VSAT in place for some time now. I can't recall the bandwidth as at this time, but I also understand that they've put in place 2 T1's one for each stream. Are the 2 T1's via VSAT? I'm not sure.