Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Convert to .pdf

I have a question, I have prints that i need to email (electrical drawings), I scan them using a software that comes with a HP printer and choose the option to scan to .pdf file. These files are usually large because they are several pages. Is there some other way to create a pdf file from a scanned document and make it a smaller file, suitable for emailing? Of course, apart from scanning one page at a time.
    I dream in my dream all the dreams of the other dreamers and I become the other dreamers.
    1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d

Juckyjam Guest

does anyone know any good software to edit a pdf document?.....

well, if you have a full installation of adobe acrobat, there should be a acrobat toolbar available in microsoft word to convert a word document to .pdf. What you can do, is scan the document to word and from there, convert to .pdf. This is better since you get to tweak the quality of the pdf file which will lead to smaller pdf sizes.

If you dont have the full adobe acrobat, then do a google search for acrobat convertor or acrobat editor. For editors, there's Foxit and Jaws and many others.

if you want smaller file size, read my lips:

STAY AWAY FROM .pdf's!
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

haha sorta ironic that this was atthe top of the new post list, i'm working on something to convert php script outputs to a pdf document..

i love pdf files, if it werent for pdf ebooks i dont know how i'ld survive and pdf is on all os's right unlike chm which is cool cuase its really llightweight however its just for windows