Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHP is number for 4 on TIOBE!

Default PHP is number for 4 on TIOBE!

http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm

Looks pretty good, I am definitely feeling an upsurge in php hype. Who knows how long it will last?

Uhmm interesting. Seems Java took back the #1 spot and C# is moving up nicely.

Pascal is almost falling off the chart!

Wow, coldfusion seems to have made a big jump. Look out for that language in the future, i see great things in stored for it
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Python stalling at 8. go python go!!!
    Zope, Linux, Web, Intranet
    www.plone.org

python!?!?!?! go Fortran!!
    all the labours of the ages, all the devotion, all the inspiration, all the noonday brightness of human genius, are destined to extinction in the vast death of the solar system, and that the whole temple of Man's achievement must inevitably be buried beneath the debris of a universe in ruins - Bertrand Russell

php for my money get it for my money alot of people as of late been jumping off the php cart though. for things like plone etc.. heard a guy that preached php back in the day saying he's switching to java with spring for the interface.

Java popularity has only exploded because of the Cell Phone and PDA markets. Almost all software, including firmware and OS for mobile devices are written in Java. The Linux climb helped that along as well. I'm not surprised. It's replacing C and C++.

C# will probably dominate the rest in a few years' time. People are realising its power for component based web services and it's portability for mobile development.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    Java popularity has only exploded because of the Cell Phone and PDA markets. Almost all software, including firmware and OS for mobile devices are written in Java. The Linux climb helped that along as well. I'm not surprised. It's replacing C and C++.

C# will probably dominate the rest in a few years' time. People are realising its power for component based web services and it's portability for mobile development.
    I wouldnt take bets on that! C# is predominaltly windows. What you dont know is that there is the Java community process that setup to advance the java language into the future. Im afraid Ms will Just have to wait and copy (After All C# is a copy of Java). I think C# will be the most popular dev language for windows but not the most widely used.
    Last edited by leoandru; Nov 15, 2005 at 01:23 PM.

I agree with leo, and strongly believe that Java will become and remain king for a long time
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5