Thread: Java Programmer -> VB Programmer

Talking Java Programmer -> VB Programmer

Hey all!
    Im a Java programmer learning VB for my 5th form class at glenmuir. Anyway, enough of the formalities lets get to business!

1) I want to write/find the function that is used to capture the screen. Any ideas.
    2) Is it possible to use BitBlt(Bit Block Transfer) and save the Picture above the Source Piucture box by calling a method on the Destination Picture Box. I've tried PicDest.Picture and PicDest.Image and they dont seem to work.
    Any advice is accepted. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLust_89
    Hey all!
    Im a Java programmer learning VB for my 5th form class at glenmuir. Anyway, enough of the formalities lets get to business!

1) I want to write/find the function that is used to capture the screen. Any ideas.
    2) Is it possible to use BitBlt(Bit Block Transfer) and save the Picture above the Source Piucture box by calling a method on the Destination Picture Box. I've tried PicDest.Picture and PicDest.Image and they dont seem to work.
    Any advice is accepted. Thanks in advance.

1) I don't know you might have to read up on some win32 api calls

2) with vb I've always taken the lazy approach and saved stuff to files. Then setting the the controls to file paths. I never went into the hardcore stuff.