Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asterisk, Part 1

Zn, so ur saying that you can install asterisk on the router? Sorry for asking stupid questions but i haven't been around routers and wireless that much.

But i went to voip info and see where some guy handled 4 call at once... not bad. Im guessing it has a HDD or some form of memory... lots of it too?

igodit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Zn, so ur saying that you can install asterisk on the router? Sorry for asking stupid questions but i haven't been around routers and wireless that much.

But i went to voip info and see where some guy handled 4 call at once... not bad. Im guessing it has a HDD or some form of memory... lots of it too?
    You know I think what they allowed it to do was use some of the resources on the network it was apart of.

igodit Guest

Default Asterisk Opensource PBX with Jabber

I'm trying to setup my Asterisk to have it use Jabber (IM) to notify me on incoming calls. I have SAMBA+LDAP and created a user called 'asterisk' so that asterisk would have user that may login to Jabber, as my Jabber authenticates on LDAP.

I have been following this Asterisk+Jabber on how they had done the setup. How ever I have not found any documentation on class.jabber.php I'm not a PHP developer or anything. I just want to know if anyone out here familiar with PHP knows if there is apath for php class files that my asterisk would look... like a default location or somehting.

The article is also published here ....

Thanks Dale! Great article
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

What kind of hardware do y'all run along with your asterisk?

Like the fxo/fxs modules and stuff..

Back when i use to test it, we started out on the zaptel x100p, got the job done but barely.

Then we got a major flow of cash from "management", got the most expensive Voicetronix card on the market, i think it supported 16 or 24. But the damm echo's.. they almost scraped the project & me. Bottom line, voicetronix only cater for OpenPBX, asterisk is a "thing" they do to help the cause

starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

I am working on building my asterisk pbx

I got a digium x100p card thus far and threw it in my development linux box.

Of course it didnt work as it requires at minimum linux2.4 and I am runing a 2.2
    kernel Now I need to go find a pci card video card so I can upgrade it to 2.4
    so I can continue knocking away at this pbx thing.

Thumbs up

Pogi i think you have to break it down... i might understand as i am in telephony too... but they are newbies here who wanna understand... just tell them about the general voip as it regards to asterisk/avaya etc
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

break it down? lol I am just trying to get into it myself

The x100p card allows you to hook up your linux box to your land line and
    allows you to route calls from the CWJ network to your asterisk pbx. Kinda
    like a data modem but it moves voice

I should be getting a mini ebx board with a via processor soon to act as my
    pbx http://www.dfi-acp.com/Product/xx_pr...GORY_TYPE=null