Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Asterisk, Part 1

hey brian i was reading last night and i realized that trix box has some limitations when comes to the size infrastructure that it can support. I remember seeing u mention something about sipx so i checked it out and from what i have read it seems to extend to the enterprise infrastructure which trixbox lacks.

they have network diagram of a pbx system and i hope i gain the knowledge to setup one similar.

has anyone compared both trixbox and sipx practically?
    Last edited by lovepython; May 11, 2007 at 10:37 PM.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Trixbox can manage thousands it just depends on the PC it being installed on. Like my little 450Mhz machine couldn't handle more than 5 - 10 users at any one time. Also it depends on the Codec that you are using Eg. G729 using alot of processing power compared to G711.
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

quoting from Trixbox Made Easy:
    Basically, as our needs grow towards those of a large business TrixBox becomes less useful to us. However, for small and medium businesses it can perform well and meet most needs, from small shops to busy call centres.
    A business class machine should consist of at least a 2.0 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM and a 100 GB hard drive
    with the recommendation made by the authors of the book what is the maximum it can support?
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Business Class is generally anything over a 1000 users easily.
    Dain Bramaged

oh ok kool...well i guess i dont have anything to worry about for some time then.

Typically the pc's that we have at home running should be able to run a good 50 to 250 users. Again that depends on your pc spec.
    Dain Bramaged