Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTS vs FPS...Which do you prefer and why?

Default Re:RTS vs FPS...Which do you prefer and why?

Ok, I can feel a lan-party coming up ;D

My preference towards games depends on the platform.

I only like RPGs on the console (Playstation .... only console one should have 8) ). Favorite RPG FF7. Yeah thats right, not 8,9 or even 10....but the original SEVEN ;D

I will play RTS on the pc, but after a while it seems that something is missing, it happens with every RTS game.
    My favorite is still Age of Empires 1. The newer ones sure do leave me saying "Ooooh Ahhh". But then it gets....uhhmm, a lil boring :-\

That leaves me with FPS.... yeah baybeee!!!!
    Some guys say that it takes to skill or forethought to play a FPS. They are sooo wrong about that. Try playing CStrike and just run around shooting like you made of adamantium and you are bound to die. You have to think about what the other guy is up to. You can't use the same route on a map every session....you have to be creative.
    I have never been bored playing a FPS....well, only if i'm winning all the time.

When is the next lan-party.... let's put this to the test !! 8)

[quote author=TerakiN link=board=11;threadid=1704;start=15#msg16867 date=1062771349]
    Thanx for warning dude, its all good cause the challenges arnt idle.

I've noticed that some of you guys like C&C Generals, personally, I think its the Diablo 2 of the RTS gener. a bit watered down, much less strat needed just build overlord tanks with the works and your good to go.

to Chris, how about a techjam mini gaming tournyment?

[/quote]

I couldn't Disagree with you More, it seems as if you only play against computers, you should challenge a few peeps first, overlords maybe tuff but they have a lot of weeknesses, esp. against Stealth Bombers, and solders even after upgrade

Still China Rules, caz I not Backing U.S. on nothing.

[quote author=linval link=board=11;threadid=1704;start=15#msg16876 date=1062780297]
    I couldn't Disagree with you More, it seems as if you only play against computers, you should challenge a few peeps first, overlords maybe tuff but they have a lot of weeknesses, esp. against Stealth Bombers, and solders even after upgrade

Still China Rules, caz I not Backing U.S. on nothing.
    [/quote]uuuummm China Rulez...not in my book Linval.....China is bad, GLA wuz my all time favourite.....but after really using the USA...I have finally realized the power that they harness. The Particle Cannon is Superior once you learn the art of using it. The Paladin's are just perfect for a ground assault coupled with a few dozen Commanche's.... But mi Luv GLA still...

Paladin...squa squa... Particle blah blah....
    All this chat about some wonderfully named "guns" that you set and hope the enemy walk into it's range.
    In CStrike you got to face my well known Desert Eagle .50 AE or my room sweeping Colt M4A1 Carbine, let me see you pause the game on that one eh ;D

errr ... sidenote .. the quote "my life for nazul" wasnt that from an orc and not an undead in warcraft 3 ???

RTS and FPS how can you choose? They are 2 exceptional yet totally different genres. You cant compare. You cant play cs the whole day-week without getting a bit bored...so you have to have something to fall back on. Thats where warcraft3 comes in. And when you guys learn and understand it you too will get into the great Magic The Gathering. Im sure there are a few of you out there but I would love if eveyone learns it. Ill bring a few decks to the next gathering so I kin learn yawl how tu pley...then maybe we cant get into warhammer 40k but unno nuh ready fi dat yet.

[quote author=matronyx link=board=11;threadid=1704;start=15#msg16874 date=1062778479]
    Try playing CStrike and just run around shooting like you made of adamantium and you are bound to die. You have to think about what the other guy is up to. You can't use the same route on a map every session....you have to be creative.
    [/quote]

- Words of wisdom. Hopefully we can bring CyVan into the frey. Long time I haven't bust a cap in that game. Notice how he's quiet?

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=11;threadid=1704;start=15#msg17473 date=1063293346]
    - Words of wisdom. Hopefully we can bring CyVan into the frey. Long time I haven't bust a cap in that game. Notice how he's quiet?
    [/quote]

I tried connecting the the aangel server last night, didn't go through. I connected to some others and it was goood!! ;D

I wanna link XPhat and see if there is one running.

[quote author=matronyx link=board=11;threadid=1704;start=15#msg16874 date=1062778479]
    Ok, I can feel a lan-party coming up ;D
    [/quote]

I feel a 2 day event coming up at some large enough place ;D ;D
    Anyway yes i like this idea. i Think i am free for the rest of the year and with the arrival of ma new pc i am ready and willing to go to any lan party unno having dat not messing around with ma school life...

Whoever planned the last one, plan another plz

[quote author=xphat link=board=11;threadid=1704;start=15#msg17454 date=1063286306]
    errr ... sidenote .. the quote "my life for nazul" wasnt that from an orc and not an undead in warcraft 3 ???
    [/quote]Actually its a quote from an undead unit...not an orc...