Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTS vs FPS...Which do you prefer and why?

Default Re:RTS vs FPS...Which do you prefer and why?

heheh ;D,
    I speak english, Protoss and zerg, but otherwise i'm pretty clueless. about that site, i have found that a lot of those site in Russian, German and even Japanese and Korean can be navigated given that the english names are often used. eg. the korean for seige tank is seige tank :P . I have tons of korean *GOSU sites that i can link you to. I recommend that you dl the replays and watch them b 4 you play me ;D .

*GOSU is korean for Exelent or World Class.

Entaro Adun......

"Command & Conquer is the grandfather of all RTS games.....", but it sucks compare to StarCraft. StarCraft is the all time best RTS game ever .... so what if it wasn't the first...firsts aren't often the best anyways. Which other game you know that is still popular until this day after it's been out for the last 6 years? Warcraft 3 is good too, but not as good as StarCraft but I rotate and play StarCraft, WarCraft3 and Counter Strike after work. If you like Counter Strike you should try AAO too (American Army Operation), it's like CS but at a slower pace and more team work, it couldn't hold my interest as long as CS though.
    Right now I'm just waiting for World of Warcraft to come out which is a MMORPG.

Why only talk about RTS and FPS ? What about RPG? There are many good RPGs out there too.... like Diablo 2 and Dungeon Seige.

Good Point Tin!!

RPGs rock!! intricate storylines, character development, kool items to use. and despite what many ppl think, the genre is very versitile as you can do the original D&D thing with Worriors/Mages/rouges ect. (eg. Baldar's Gate; Diablo II or the millions of others) or get completly modern and unorthadox as in Fallout, Fallout II and Planescape Tourment.

Let me say, I'm very biased towards PC games, but one of the best rpgs ever was for the sony play station in the blessing called Final Fantasy 7. Even today, the storyline and character development inspires aww and respect.

Along similar lines are Morrowind and the New Starwars game Knights of the old Realm.

I love being completly emersed in a gaming world. Morrowind does just that as there is so much to do and the player is at liberty to choose his own path (good or evil/lawful or outlaw) I recomend it to all.

But still, Starcraft is the shizz and i cant wait till the weekend when all u upstart suckas will fell the wrath of the worriors of Auire.. ;D

Thoughts of Chaos..... :

I personally preffer RTS,

My preferences are Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Generals & Earth.

These games require alot more thought process to win, they are like chess, and if your difences are weak I will take advantage of it, look has very little to do in it, and I will emerge Victorious 8)

Cause I am the true C & C, RTS Champion..............Ask Ropy he came with a Buckett of A*$ whuppin for me, and went home crying. ;D

Roll Playing games are cool too, but alittle too adictive which is good........But my wife will knock me over the head ;D Cause once I start a good RPG I don't stopp till the story ends ;D.

the only reason I preffer RTS though is the fact you can face human counterparts, even with FPS, this makes the game more interesting as you know your oponent will not be held within any limitation of any sort.....and can make drastic changes to his or her strategy at any point.

RPG are like good story books ;D if the story sucks so does the game ;D

Poor sap ;D, I'm ALMOST :P sorry for you. you have no idea what you've gotten your self into. Anyways, I guess its time you saw how the game is to be played. Never mind son, that big worm like thing spiting smartbombs at your scv/probes/drones are your friends. :P

My life for Auire.....

Speaking of RPGs, has anyone played Final Fantasy X? Has anyone seen the previews for Final Fantasy X-II? Does anyone realise that this is going to be the baddest RPG game ever released in a LOONG time? Does anyone realise that Final Fantasy X-II is going to be the first true Final Fantasy sequel ever to be released by Square?

For those who have finished FFX, FFX-II follows Yuna (middle) in her quest to find Tidus 2 years after the destruction of Sin in FFX. Now she's got company from Rikku (left - who was in FFX) and Payne (right, a new character) who help her along. The opening movie sequence sees Yuna singing like a pop-star. It's absolutely amazing! Square is getting ever better at their CGI art!

Lival is right about these RPG games being addictive. I spent the last 4 months (may, june, july, august) overturning every stone, talking to every person, completing every sidequest, acquiring all of the legendary weapons, and finishing the ENTIRE sphere grid 7 times! (once for each character), to the point where each of my characters were dealing 99,999 hit points of damage each!

The final boss fight lasted about 5 seconds. No kidding. One hit took him out. I guess you can say I truly enjoyed my summer. ;D

Final Fantasy RULEZ!

......ahem.......

Ok, now what were you saying about Counterstrike and Starcraft?

hhhhmmm I see nothing has changed in my absence ;D.. Welcome TerakiN.....but be careful how you issue challenges in here, because there are alot of blood thirsty gamers here just waitin' to hand you your guts ;D.. Mi love yuh vibe still

"Load the Scud"
    Cultus

Well for me its definately RTS. And the best old school RTS game is a tie between StarCraft vs C&C Tiberian Sun. The best RTS of all time for me is a tie between C&C Generals vs Empire Earth. I play FPS, but they're not my favourite. I guess if I had to choose a favourite then it would be UT & Quake 3 Arena.

"Clip their wings"

Thanx for warning dude, its all good cause the challenges arnt idle.

I've noticed that some of you guys like C&C Generals, personally, I think its the Diablo 2 of the RTS gener. a bit watered down, much less strat needed just build overlord tanks with the works and your good to go.

to Chris, how about a techjam mini gaming tournyment?