Thread: Google formally declares war on Microsoft

Default Google formally declares war on Microsoft

Google has confirmed that it will launch free spreadsheet and word-processing software online and take on Microsoft in one of its biggest markets.

Under the deal, Google will allow web users to access Sun's OpenOffice from a toolbar.
    More Info:http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26734
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    {herbrews 11v1.}

uh huh. This makes OpenOffice one of the most widely available word processors, between Google and the fact you can download and install it for free. I think Openoffice is and will become a greater productivity tool than Microsoft Office
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

lol, everyone wants a piece of the giants.. when will the m$ hate stop.. ah boy.

go google go

Quote Originally Posted by megiddo
    uh huh. This makes OpenOffice one of the most widely available word processors, between Google and the fact you can download and install it for free. I think Openoffice is and will become a greater productivity tool than Microsoft Office
    avalible but NOT user friendly....
    Heroes to Mentors -

dude it's about time microsoft gets some major competition, as long as google makes openoffice more user friendly, then they're good to go.......

Who knows, maybe once OpenOffice has driven MS Office to the dust, they may start charging a fee for use of the software now that everyone is hooked....?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Tell me.
    is it my misconception that whenever someone says user-friendly they mean have the same (or more) features as (than) MS's visually magical products?

Because if that's so, then "user-friendly" apps are going to be smashed, especially when they try to be compatible with MS apps!

And MS brought this on themselves when everytime they dealt with people they would kill them with a software bomb, like what they did to Apple, Sun, that company they stole Media Player from among many others!

What goes around comes around. I love most of MS products especially the ones honestly made, like Excel. Excel may have some stolen parts but it's mostly their ideas that made it what it is today. To me it is the best MS app.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 12, 2005 at 02:40 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts