Thread: ATI in upcoming XBOX and not NVIDIA

Default ATI in upcoming XBOX and not NVIDIA

ATI Technologies and Microsoft Announce Technology Development Agreement

ATI Graphics Technologies to Power Future Xbox Products and Services

Thursday August 14, 2003

Markham, Ontario - ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) today announced it has entered into a technology development agreement with Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ: MSFT). Under the agreement, ATI is developing custom, leading-edge graphics technologies for use in future Xbox® products and services.

We're combining Microsoft's vision, software experience and R&D resources with ATI's pioneering leadership in graphics technologies to create innovative future Xbox products and services that meet the lifestyle needs of consumers in the Digital Decade, said Robbie Bach, senior vice president of the Home and Entertainment Division at Microsoft. We selected ATI after reviewing the top graphics technologies in development and determining that ATI's technical vision fits perfectly with the future direction of Xbox.

Microsoft shares our passion for cutting-edge innovation, said K. Y. Ho, chairman and chief executive officer, ATI Technologies Inc. Our success working with Microsoft in the past gives us great confidence as we move forward, and our broad experience and wealth of engineering resources will ensure that we deliver. This agreement cements ATI's position as the prime graphics supplier for the future of the games industry.

Default Re:ATI in upcoming XBOX and not NVIDIA

*kiss teet* I am a die hard NVidia fan.

[quote author=Nastro link=board=11;threadid=1665;start=0#msg16007 date=1062002232]
    *kiss teet* I am a die hard NVidia fan.

[/quote]

Nvidia for life man!

its true....if it aint matrox, then its nvidia....or it aint real....

NVIDIA RULES!!!!

Like I posted 2 months back, nvidia was even hesitant about placing their chip in the upcoming XBox.
    To me, it don't matter if they put a Sis4MB chip in there or whateva.... PSX is still numero uno and the next PS will be another state-of-de-art XBox wipper ;D

Matronyx, i wouldn't put it that Nvidia was hesitant in putting their chip in the new X-BOX, it was more Microsoft was hesitant about using Nvidia from what i have been reading, well the never ending saga, nvidia vs ati, amd vs intel, well i am a underdog person, ati for life and amd all the way