Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: )(WarDriving 2003

igodit Guest

Default Re:)(WarDriving 2003

I still wanna wardrive!!!!

Fixing up my old Dell latop...

]<c4u and Turbo seem to be amoungst the hardcore true sense of the word hackers.

I wouldnt know how to hack a piece of wood, much less a computer. ???

I just like the fact that wireless exist so that when I go into Borders/Starbucks or along the streets in Coral gables Miami, or newbury street in Boston I can log on check my mail and surf on my toshiba PDA, always connected.

It a nice feeling. ;D

igodit Guest

Hey guys, Griffjon, Tech_Guru and Igodit here.... live from our wardrive in kingston.

Just posting from an )( AP at a prominent carrier.

--

;D

YES GUYS WE FOUND around 12 Acess Points one of which We are posting from......

As good guys we will be reporting this to the operators
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

/me

[quote author=igodit link=board=26;threadid=1611;start=15#msg20873 date=1066700198]
    Hey guys, Griffjon, Tech_Guru and Igodit here.... live from our wardrive in kingston.

Just posting from an )( AP at a prominent carrier.

--

;D
    [/quote]
    That's so cool 8)
    Looking forward to the stats.

igodit Guest

Here are the list of AP found on the wardrive, there are more, but they are logged by Griffjon. Looking forward to his posts.

KasNet Wireless2
    bridge1
    conexant
    ConnectionPoint
    dcc-ssid1
    ***_airnet
    linksys
    Worthington
    ÜTiffyDy

Sorry, my logs still pon the laptop, didn't pulldem off last night, as I was trying to get the GPRS-PC thing to work.

I have a few more APs. I remember a few, like Unkdyoll, Unkcarib, and a different 'linksys' up in liguanea. I'll post my logs tomorrow (tonight if I get GPRS working).

Next up, we need to borrow a GPS card and map the APs out and post to NetStumbler's database.

I still think the UTiffDy was our cards trying to set up a wireless p2p network automagically.

Next up, we need to borrow a GPS card and map the APs out and post to NetStumbler's database.
    Umm...not to sound like a killjoy or anything... :-\ but has anyone considered the legal/ethical implications of making such sensitive information public? ??? I'm all for learning and experimentation, but we've got to be responsible with the information we disclose. I'd opt for informing the affected parties and advising them to fix the problems rather than posting it publicly for others to exploit.

[quote author=BlackCryptoKnight link=board=26;threadid=1611;start=15#msg20888 date=1066750182]
    Umm...not to sound like a killjoy or anything... :-\ but has anyone considered the legal/ethical implications of making such sensitive information public? ??? I'm all for learning and experimentation, but we've got to be responsible with the information we disclose. I'd opt for informing the affected parties and advising them to fix the problems rather than posting it publicly for others to exploit.
    [/quote]

True. Well, only one of the APs located was open, and will be notified, as already posted above.

But it'd be cool to see a map like this: http://netstumbler.com/nation.php