Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flash and vb.netcan it be done

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    Oh. OK. An automated database. I would have to now about the file types so that I can have an idea of the conversion, and the database fields types as well.

I got a swf file to play in a windows form. I added the Shockwave axtive x on the Toolbar, drag it to the winform and click properties and set it up. I use the wrong axtive x before. The members of that obect are play()... and property string movie. I would have to trial and error to find out how to control an animation with it or load a new animation. My animation was playing but I did not see any source code (in the C# file) saying what swf file I chose to play, so it makes me wonder where is that info stored. I ask, environ variables? I even searched the registry
    ok cool going to try and get the actuall aspects of the database from my co-designer who is really looking fully into that aspect of the software........how exactly did u add the active x to the toolbar

Right-click toolbar.
    Click customize toolbar/choose items
    Click the tab ActiveX/COM components
    Look for Shockwave flash object (and a file name flash.ocx)
    Add

Refer to the VS documentation for more info.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    Right-click toolbar.
    Click customize toolbar/choose items
    Click the tab ActiveX/COM components
    Look for Shockwave flash object (and a file name flash.ocx)
    Add

Refer to the VS documentation for more info.
    ok cool when i get home i am going to try that this means that i need to install shockwave prior to this and prob. have a flash object on hand to try out

isnt it possible to add the flashaccessibility COM obect via the references option and then use runtime configuration to use it ... i'll check it out ...

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aonekilla
    isnt it possible to add the flashaccessibility COM obect via the references option and then use runtime configuration to use it ... i'll check it out ...
    please do and let me know ok thankx in advance