Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flash and vb.netcan it be done

keroed1 Guest

Question flash and vb.netcan it be done

i am creating a software for a company which also witin itself is an assignment at school and i wanted to know is it possible to add animations/flash into my software if i am creating in vb.net

keroed1 Guest

hello anybody out that here can helpor now has any ides if it can or can't be done

If you are doing a web application, I think so. Say the web page is opened on a windows desktop with flash player install, then you may be able to use a container for this flash object in the page like how you would use any class in that page. I think it is like an active X object

Anyway refer to this maybe it will make more sense to you.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...sh/#usingflash
    I guess that it is important the player is registered on the system

i am creating a software for a company
    Are you making a desktop application?
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Come to think of it, I have not seen anything saying that ActiveX objects work in .net runtime. It does work with normal VB, as long as the machine that is running the web page has been updated with the proper version of the flashplayer

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    If you are doing a web application, I think so. Say the web page is opened on a windows desktop with flash player install, then you may be able to use a container for this flash object in the page like how you would use any class in that page. I think it is like an active X object

Anyway refer to this maybe it will make more sense to you.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...sh/#usingflash
    I guess that it is important the player is registered on the system

Are you making a desktop application?
    yes it is a desktop application

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    Come to think of it, I have not seen anything saying that ActiveX objects work in .net runtime. It does work with normal VB, as long as the machine that is running the web page has been updated with the proper version of the flashplayer
    but is'nt vb.net just an extention of vb just with added features and at the same time more object oriendted so anything vb can do i guess vb.net should be able to do it just i guess how to do it might be the problem

keroed1 Guest

oh by the way do u know anything about conversion documentation {of a manual system to an automated system ......because the company previously used books to store data butr i am converting this entire process into my program so they can do everything they use to manually on my system}

Are you scanning paper documents and converting them to electronic documents? That sounds like a lot to do manually, but necessary if your are going to work with electronic documens.

I tried to customize the toolbox in VS and import an active X component. That work with micromedia flash but then it failed when I tried to drag the component onto a windows form, from the tool box. Error was "make sure that the component is properly registered". Maybe my system is messed up, I am using VS 2002, or maybe I need to import the active x manualy.

keroed1 Guest

no i am not going to be scanning paper documents i will be implementing the database aspect of simulating wat they use to do manually and then through traing of staff to use system manually they would then be able to add the old fiels as ne ones to the system.....thus allowing them to enter in watever files they want to be saved and added to their new automated database

Oh. OK. An automated database. I would have to now about the file types so that I can have an idea of the conversion, and the database fields types as well.

I got a swf file to play in a windows form. I added the Shockwave axtive x on the Toolbar, drag it to the winform and click properties and set it up. I use the wrong axtive x before. The members of that obect are play()... and property string movie. I would have to trial and error to find out how to control an animation with it or load a new animation. My animation was playing but I did not see any source code (in the C# file) saying what swf file I chose to play, so it makes me wonder where is that info stored. I ask, environ variables? I even searched the registry