Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RPC Shutdown

Default Re:RPC Shutdown

[quote author=Tech_Guru link=board=5;threadid=1532;start=15#msg14698 date=1060736097]
    Errr : what is version 2.........The version the coders did not release to the public........ :

From wht you said I wouldn't be too alarmed sounds like one of your friends 8) 8) Maybe Ropy was trying a thing.......muhhhhhhahhhh muhahhhh :P :P :P
    [/quote]

Since u seh that mi go tell the truth once and for all.

A Nastro. or Guru doh it. You must have pissed off one of them in the make shift chat-room.

Here is what they did:

1. Started an IM conversation with u.
    2. Used a certain DOS command ______ to get ur IP, GK know what mi a talk bout.
    3. Used the Dcom exploit on u and then installed a back door.

And that's how they did it...

[quote author=DarkAngel link=board=5;threadid=1532;start=30#msg14929 date=1060886256]
    I must say that i'm surprise that people who should know better are actually online without a firewall.
    [/quote]

- It befuddles me as well DarkAngel. I have been getting pounded incessantly over the last couple of days, and ZoneAlarm has been working overtime.

I spent the entire day Tuesday removing this pesky bastard of a virus from all the machines at the Office of the P.M. Today we started a crusade installing ZoneAlarm on our twin networks. Now that we're mounting a new ADSL server, I expect this kind of pounding to worsen. What a time to transfer into a new job. I'm starting to think what would have happened if I wasn't transferred. It was quite a nightmare. My extension was ringing off the hook all day long.

...it's times like these I truly appreciate the serenity of programming. Network Administration work sucks. It's been knocking out machines left right and centre. We thought of doing a localised network scan from the admin machine, only to kill the network bandwidth...

...so we had to be systematically eliminating machines.... one by one...

ZoneAlarm is going crazy as I write this. Cable & Wireless is definitely propagating this thing in ways they don't seem to understand. I turned off my ZoneAlarm last night for approximately 10 seconds, and was instantly attacked. I had forgotten that I had not yet installed the patch...

...Luckily, Norton grabbed and eliminated the virus before it seated itself into my system. Ad-Aware prevented the registry write which would have setup its payload. All of this happened within a window of 10 seconds where my firewall was turned off.

If there's anyone out there surfing the net without a firewall, you are either unfathomably dumb or insanely, incredibly, pathologically stupid. You won't know how often your machine is being raped until you have a firewall open. It's like invisible bullets tearing through your flesh...

...Get your firewall up and running now, if you have not already done so. Consider this a SEVERE WARNING. Check the photo below. This just happened a minute or two before I posted this. ZoneAlarm working overtime...

This is proof that something is seriously wrong at Cable & Wireless ends:

Look at the time difference between this attack, the one posted in the previous post, and the one before that... This is freaking crazy man > What would happen if I didn't have ZA up? Would I still have a machine? Where're my Linux CDs...

igodit Guest

Xenocrates, that's just the same client who is infected with the worm is scanning. It's not C&W's fault just another infected client.

Even though I know that they had got hit by it.

And you can see that it's a ADSL user too.

I reckoned as much. But haven't they heard of www.TechJamaica.com? For heaven's sake man. I think we need to starting preaching in the buses, on the by ways and hedges about this site. This kinda ingnorance really annoys me. >

Even the wheelsJ people were smart enough to check here. :

Xeno, it's not just C&W. I am getting a whole lotta requests on port 137 and 135 from N5 address too. I only had a few from C&W addresses. I guess it depends on which ISP you are using.

i am getting the same thing from a c&w user, i finally decided to click ignore future messages from this particular attack in zone alarm. i really cant be bothered.

igodit Guest

I think what we should do is ask that guy on Smile Jamaica to refer people to techjamaica.com for information on removing the worm, new and updates.

That would be pretty good publicity, not to mention the post I made 2 weeks before the bug was issued, not many persons listen... you are sorry now ;D

But you get my drift right, pump traffic to the site