Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: RPC Shutdown

Default Re:RPC Shutdown

Here here Xeno.
    I fully agree with you.

But you know why M$ took that appraoch...

If they forced people to actually know and understand what they were doing in order to make the products work like they should, then they would not have achieved the level of market penetration that they did.

Ease of use = Large scale adoption = Plenty $$$

It's that type of mentality that needs to change.

We all can improve by doing what is right, rather than what is convenient, or what appears to be cheap.

I believe the M$ approach of lax default configurations has led to a messed up set of expectations of technology by non-techies, and even some techies.
    How many of us have tried to convince our bosses that there's more to setting up that server than putting in the CD and running the setup programme?

Think about it...if the reality of what is involved in setting up and maintaininig a system properly were conveyed to consumers from early, the number and impact of security incidents would be greatly minimized.

now we venture even deeper into how perfect a code can be.
    to say we could have very good software, is to have software that would require less human intervention.
    once a system is built, it would be self sufficient and its model would be finite.

there is a rule for this also in every branch of science. lets have a look at evolution in biology. when the organism becomes perfect, it will reproduce by itself, not needing any outside influence. once the environment changes, it becomes extinct.

it the same in my opinion with coding. luckily, for now, humans are still doing the coding and coding has to have time restraints. no project in any field is 100%. we know this. we couldnt afford to pay engineers or programmers continually perfecting code without making the descision at some point to go to market with the product. sure we can do some testing but we cant test every aspect of a code.

the real tests come in the field. the reality is that in the field, more extreme conditions occur than in a sim environment.

windows in my opinion, does hold up in this arena. consider what you CAN do with windows. its a lot going on there. consider how such a project is divided and interfaced into seperate modules and each module being coded by a whole department. think of the organisation that goes into stringing all the modules together.

now we can complain about the time between releases, but do we observe the clock with respect to payment of salaries of the coders, marketing bla bla bla. no we dont. we want want it all for our money, me too, thats how i know but to be fair, i believe they do a good job for the most part considering.

when windows hits the streets, it aint just a few servers or hobbyists at home who are playing or using the software, its millions of ppl worldwide. darn, im surprised there arent more bugs.

and lastly, lets deliver a system that is fully configured. now how would anyone actually use the system then without understanding the indepth defaults that have been implemented???? and why should they assume thats the set of switches you wanted set in the first place?

just my take on things.

Damn!! 10 pages already? My Email notifications odnt seem to be working Admins cuz I started this thingy and I havent reeived any notifications.

lol

Ey Bwoy Deakie, wah u a laff bout ;D. I an I loose nuff valuable information (not to mention posts ;D) cuz di email nah work eno boss. ;D

:P

yu gotta check yur mail before yu can read it inuh ;D

Well Dev is not the only one suffering from the notification issue. ???