Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Qmail compliation & Installation

igodit Guest

Default Re:Qmail compliation & Installation

ok, I did this to verify what compile environment I'm in and got the following results.

mylinux:/usr/local/src/qmail-1.03 # rpm -qa | grep gcc or rpm -qa | grep egcs
    grep: or: No such file or directory
    grep: rpm: No such file or directory

and

mysuse:/usr/local/src/qmail-1.03 # cc
    cc: no input files

I decided to print the PDF as well.

[quote author=igodit link=board=8;threadid=1526;start=60#msg19319 date=1065104235]
    ok, I did this to verify what compile environment I'm in and got the following results.

mylinux:/usr/local/src/qmail-1.03 # rpm -qa | grep gcc or rpm -qa | grep egcs
    grep: or: No such file or directory
    grep: rpm: No such file or directory

[/quote]
    These are two different commands:
    1. rpm -qa | grep gcc
    2. rpm -qa | grep egcs

mysuse:/usr/local/src/qmail-1.03 # cc
    cc: no input files

I decided to print the PDF as well.
    In that case I don't know what is happening to you build. Are you logged in as root? If not you should be, or you may use the su command in order to change to super user.

Jamrock, any ideas?

Okay...

First things first. It appears as if you had some extra lines in your IDS file.

It processed the first set of commands to add the users and ignored the rest.

Your post shows that the groups nofiles and qmail have been added to the /etc/group file. The users qmaild, qmaill, etc have been added to the /etc/passwd file.

You will notice that the qmail users have been added to the nofiles (500) and qmail (501) groups.

All is good with that issue.

: undefined reference to `errno'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [auto-str] Error 1
    This error suggests that you are using glibc 2.3.1 or later. See section 2.5.2 of Life with qmail. You need to apply some patches to deal with this version of the compiler.

Qmail was written a few years ago. As new compilers, etc come out we will have to patch the core programme.

Just remember to take your time and go through the documentation step by step. It is easy to get frustrated when you are trying to learn something new and it just won't work.

Give yourself lots of time to learn qmail. It is easy to set up but the logic is different from anything you have done in Windows.

[quote author=Weird_O link=board=8;threadid=1526;start=45#msg19203 date=1065025794]
    I have a scenario here:

I tried sending out a 17MB attachment using Qmail and it gets stuck in the queue. I send a test mail to the same user and he received it. I also send one with a smaller attachment and he got it. I send him the same mail on my production mailserver and he got it in a matter of minutes.

What could be wrong:
    # qmailctl stat
    /service/qmail-send: up (pid 809) 243 seconds
    /service/qmail-send/log: up (pid 804) 243 seconds
    /service/qmail-smtpd: up (pid 805) 243 seconds
    /service/qmail-smtpd/log: up (pid 806) 243 seconds
    messages in queue: 1
    messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0
    /service/qmail-pop3d: up (pid 807) 243 seconds
    /service/qmail-pop3d/log: up (pid 808) 243 seconds
    #

My /var/log/qmail/current has these few lines
    @400000003f7afb0538f1d3d4 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
    @400000003f7afe7f0e69df6c status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
    @400000003f7aff2d3549af7c starting delivery 1: msg 69721 to remote michael@his.domain
    @400000003f7aff2d354b9bac status: local 0/10 remote 1/20
    #
    [/quote]
    The problem was that the 'ISP' that was relaying for this mail server (the Qmail server) has a 8GB messages limit. So my message was not being sent. Qmail was returning a message stating that the email address did not exist, not quite sure as to why.

But that solved now. I guess I am not hosting my mail server myself, in that case. Still unsure though. Will try and get some more info.