Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A guide to optimizing C++

@icymint, for those lines, I was going for one point : "The organization of the assembly instructions done by auto-optimization will not necessary work out. As opposed to writting, line by line, each c++ code in an organized way. But it should be the other way around : "Auto-Optimization works better with heavily packed lines of C++ code." So I am going to change my point to "save the the pointer in a long chain of pointers as opposed to writting many lines that use the long chain of pointers". I saw the latter on this site http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/C___C...timization.asp

I was also wrong about the short circuit of C++, so I am going to change that point to saying that "You should order your condition by there probality, starting with the most likely to occur condition on the left (assuming that C++ evaluates the conditions from right to left) thus the first condition that is evaluated will be the one with the least probality to occur and your code has a quicker time when breaking, unless the evaluation takes longer thant evaluating the other conditions" I have to post examples on it as well as all the others. Short circuiting is found on the link as well
    http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/C___C...timization.asp

Thanks for the correction guys.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

I will clean up the points stuff that have no basis to stand on. Alot of that was present
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you