Thread: mozill not rendering site properly

Default mozill not rendering site properly

Ok lets start... I started development of this site www.thewealthpolicy.com som time ago. a test launch was done.. and everything seemed to be fine.. until i got a call from the client saying that persons using mozilla type browsers were experiencing some big problems---the thing is i'm still using IE and i think i'll keep it that way as everything seems to work the way it should---- anyway i got the lates version of firefox visited the URL.. the whole site is in a shamble.... the problem seems to be with javascripts/ flash

Default STILL need help

ok i found issues .. it seems that comments must be done to standard <!-- comment --> most of my comments had exagerated hyphens to make it more readable...
    second thing.. the script that contains the menu array was placed in the <body><script></script></body> and this seems to give bad results in firefox... but the thing that still bugs me is that the submenu/menu items don't show when u mouse over then main menu...

//--------------------------MAIN MENU option IN BODY
    <span class="menu a"><a href="money_manage.htm" onMouseover="showit(0)">Money Management</a></span>........

//---------------------------SECTION OF SCRIPT
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var submenu=new Array()

submenu[0]='<b><a href="#">Capital Market &amp; Fund</a> | <a href="#">Stocks and Bonds</a> |<a href="#">Commercial Banking</a> | <a href="#">Credit Unions</a> | <a href="#">Building Society </a> | <a href="#">Loan Acquisition </a> | <a href="#">Savings</a> | <a href="#">More Investment Options</a>'
    /*----essentially directly above should be displayed on mouse over of Money management*/

var menuobj=document.getElementById? document.getElementById("describe") : document.all? document.all.describe : document.layers? document.dep1.document.dep2 : ""

function showit(which){
    clear_delayhide()
    thecontent=(which==-1)? "" : submenu[which]
    if (document.getElementById||document.all)
    menuobj.innerHTML=thecontent
    else if (document.layers){
    menuobj.document.write(thecontent)
    menuobj.document.close()
    }
    }
    </script>
    //-----------BELOW IS IN THE BODY
    <div id="describe" class="sub_menu" style="background-color:#000000;width:1000px;height:15px" onMouseover="clear_delayhide()" onMouseout="resetit(event)"></div>

<layer left="2" top="128" width="1000px" id="dep1">
    <ilayer width="1000px" id="dep2"> </ilayer>
    </layer>

the thing is i'm still using IE and i think i'll keep it that way as everything seems to work the way it should
    Then make sure you put on the front page of your site, "This site requires Internet Explorer 6." You can put browser checks to make sure non-IE users don't enter the site.

If you're going to allow other browser besides IE, then code your site in Firefox or Opera. Then test your site in IE afterwards. Not the other way around.

Now to your problem, visited your site with firefox and all the submenu code is shown at the bottom. Looking at the code, you have comments like:
    Code:
    var submenu=new Array()<!------------submenu------------------->
    Javascript comments start with // for single lines of comment or /* */ for multiple lines of comment.

But I notice you did that in your example post. So I guess you know how to do it.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008