Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHP on IIS 5.1 (WinXp)

Default PHP on IIS 5.1 (WinXp)

OK
    so i have placed the Php.ini file in the Windows Dir.
    place the php4isapi.dll file in the \windows\system dir

add the dll as isapi filters in IIS Management
    and also has some extension thing in the Home Directory tab in IIS Management

stopped and restarted IIS as some article instructed and of course placed the file i wanted to execute in /ien..pub/wwwroot dir and tried to run the page contain

Code:
    <?php
             phpinfo();
     ?>
    and i got an error from explorer!!

[glow=green,2,300]I KNOW SOME ONE IS GOING COME AND READ THIS POST AND RECOMMEND I USE APACHE , BECAUSE IT IS BETTER. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO STOP ON SERVICE AND START ANOTHER TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. I HAVE BTDT AND I'M BIT IRRITATED, IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN!![/glow]

Default Re:PHP on IIS 5.1 (WinXp)

as predicted
    here is someone telling you to use Apache and also Linux.

btw... there's no need to shout

Try installing PHP by using the CGI module and see if that works.

What's the error you're receiving?

as predicted
    here is someone telling you to use Apache and also Linux.
    wow isn't that a shocker!! i do have linux and apache just rather using IIS for some STRANGE reason. ;D

Ckight i tried the CGI Module and that just gave me the code written in the page. i think the error # is 500

Have you tried using the auto setup application that comes with PHP? It usually does a good job with IIS.

(Yes, I'm trying to take the easy way out)

yes i did use that and got some error that ended with the msg instructing me that i would have to configure with IIS manually but php was successfully installed.

i am @ work, and i don't remember the exact msg right now

Sad thing is I'm no wiz on configuration and definately not where IIS is concerned. However, you can try changing the executable from the dll file to the php.exe file to see if that makes a difference. It would be good if you could bring your box to the LUG meeting on Saturday and let me have a look at it.

It would be good if you could bring your box to the LUG meeting on Saturday and let me have a look at it.
    !!Cknight!!

you neva seize to amaze the I. what is this another atempt to in doctrinate another for the cauz of the big and might LINUX : :-X did i just say that out loud

Ne ways just playing still, wish i could but mi box is exactly that a Box a heavy one @ that. i don't think i can really do that now. thanx for the help... and i just might take you up on that offer

Default Re: PHP on IIS 5.1 (WinXp)

@jjc - just wanted to know .... how successful were you in getting php to work on IIS ... whenever i go on the browser i see some message stating that i am not authorized to view that page ... while i am able to view html pages on the same site ....and the file permissions allows for full access for all ... i think it is just MS's way of fightin out competition .... they purposely tryin to make it difficult to install the php module on IIS ....