1 1.45%
  • Lynx

1 1.45%
  • Other

3 4.35%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Browser wars!!

Default Browser wars!!

Please select the browser of your choice and state why...

Default Re:Browser Wars!!!

Believe it or not I voted Mozilla. In the short time that I've been using it I like several of it's features - tabs, themes. I don't know if it's mind over matter, but it also appears faster than IE to me.

One of these days I'll take Opera for a test drive so as to get a balanced perspective of the browsers.

btw - where does Netscape fall in the scheme of things?

There is a slight bug with the pole, Anyway my selection is Opera. So Mozilla -1 Opera +1 that should be the result...

Anyway I chose Opera which I like very much, but from time to time I find myself using IE. I love opera, cause like mozilla it shares many of the same features. But my fovorite is it's speed, but what I don't like is the boot menu although can be very helpfull at times ( saving different sessions).

I am still an IE user!

A while back (years) I had both Netscape and IE on my PC using and found that I liked IE better... after a few months I unistalled netscape!

Currenlty I have IE6 and Mozilla installed (doing this post via Mozilla).. mozilla kinda remind me too much of netscape though... I have had tem installed for a few months but rarely used mozilla... so I vote is still out on it.

netscape is mozilla. Same backend software. I use netscape though. Still isn't as fast as IE yet but it pretty sweet.

gotta admit it.. i'm still with IE too... I liked the entire feel of mozilla, but it kept on crashing for some odd reason or the other.

Please acknowledge Apple's browser Safari... I haven't used it YET, but right now... I'm LOVING being behind the wheels of a JAGUAR so I think it'll probably be pretty good

MOZILLA FIREBIRD RULES!!!!!

You didn't know? You better Ask somebody!!!!!

The speed, the themes, the tabs, the not microsoft.

:-*sweet tranquility. :-*

It a close choose between IE and Mozilla for me. There a re few features in IE that I like that Mozilla doesn't have, and there are a few annoyances with Mozilla that I don't like, but in the end I chose Mozilla. The tools that it has under it's tools menu is incredible.

The Form Manager, Cookie Manager, Image Manager, Popup Manager, Password Manager and Download Managers are great. Never have I had so much control over websites that I view.

Especially with cookies. In IE I had to search for the cookie I am looking for to delete in the folder, which is a pain sometimes. But with Mozilla it is easy to find the cookie and see the contents of it with leaving your browser. Not to mention, I can ban the site from setting any more cookies! Really great for those ad websites that track you by setting cookies on your computer.

And not to mention the popup manager. I don't think I need to say more on that.

Mozilla gots my thumbs up. ;D

I use opera now but voted mozilla.
    Opera still has a lil problem from time to time supporting some webpages that are ie specific.
    Opera doesnt have any quicktime plugin as yet.

It's between Mozilla and Konqueror for me. But since konqueror was not an option, it was a no-brainer to vote Mozilla.