Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Serious Flaw in XP SP2 Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx
    But ok....so there is a flaw in the firewall....ok, we can live with that....people make mistakes, overlook potential errors....right? Yes.
    When you don't let me know though and make it seem as though I am safe....now that down right naughty. They knew about this and didn't say anything....wow, can you just imagine all those users right now who think they are sage becuase XP now has its own built in firewall?
    i agree with you 100%. they could've said something. what were they afraid of??

Quote Originally Posted by blaqmale
    i always disable the sp2 firewall and use a third-party firewall, currently using zone alarm.
    same here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    i say install it and the post sp2 stuff but then again i'm addicted to upgrading
    So all SP2 offers is Security Updates, im on Ms site tryin to see if it fixes anything else ... i have third party firewall ... and all SP1 security updates ... still thiking i have no use for SP2
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

pretty much it's all security updates, nothing that's going to make your computer ahhh... 10% faster or whatever but no reason not to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet
    Do hackers sit and just look for new ways to get into peoples Pc everyday
    Well in someway be gald they do. Its not easy to discover all the possible cause of crashes in a program especially when writing network code. The other day I way writing a program in Java. After I was confident that I guarded against all possible dos and memory buffer overflow problems, I was shocked that one of my colleagues (while reviewing the code) found possible method of attack on the server and successfully demonstrated it. Trust mi coding is not a easy thing. But in some sense the hackers help you to learn from your mistakes and your are better able to bullet-proof your code against attacks.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    pretty much it's all security updates, nothing that's going to make your computer ahhh... 10% faster or whatever but no reason not to upgrade.
    windows security updates slow down your pc that why i slip stream my security updates and sp2 into windows xp i386 folder then format my harddrive no more slow down
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

i did slipstream sp2 but i can't be bothered to splipstream the post sp2 stuff but i did a fresh install last week and applied every single update using microsoft update. no noticeable slow downs here.