Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please install MS03-026 patch NOW!

igodit Guest

Default Please install MS03-026 patch NOW!

Reminder over a week ago MS released a critical patch for a security issue in RPC, All NT based Windows editions are affected Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

If a worm is developed to use this exploit CodeRED and Slammer will look like child play. Please apply the patch ASAP, don't wait till after the weekend, codes to develop a worm are already posted in hacker forums.
    NOW -> Microsoft TechNet security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

Default Re:Please install MS03-026 patch NOW!

Thanks for the info...

nice heads up....cheers

thnx nuff

igodit Guest

Online vandals are using a program to compromise Windows servers and remotely control them through Internet relay chat (IRC) networks, system administrators said Saturday.
    Several programs, including one that exploits a recent vulnerability in computers running Windows, have been cobbled together to create a remote attack tool. The tool takes commands from an attacker through the IRC networks and can scan for and compromise computers vulnerable to the recently discovered flaw in Windows.

Files left behind on a compromised server by the worm were posted to a security mailing list. Computer security company Symantec analyzed the files and determined that what was first thought to be a worm was actually an attack program.

"Based on our analysis, the threat does not appear to be a worm," said Oliver Friedrichs, senior manager for Symantec's security response team. "It doesn't go and try to spread." Friedrichs was in Las Vegas attending the Black Hat Briefings and DefCon hacking conferences.

The Full Story

i got attacked this weekend. it was a ddos attack from germany.
    my sygate flagged it up and promptly banned the attackers ip ;D
    of course i then followed up with a lil investigation to find his adsl ip, which is of course dynamic but the lil git is gonna pay. i have just contacted 2 mates on the continent who know how to play.
    he also did a scan on all my prots first. cheeky devil. that i didnt mind too tough as it happens all the time but to literally launch on me was outrageous. there is no forgiveness for that. >

igodit Guest

If you are running the Alcatel Modem, there are default setting vulnerbilities on it. So check that as well.

I have been talking about this for several days now...........

Think I posted in the General Section..............

This is the Dcom Rpc exploit...........

If you dont use Distributed Computing(Dcom) or have any apps using RPC............

At the command prompt run Dcomcnfg .........

Click the Default Properties Tab..........

And uncheck the box theat enables DCOM on the Computer..........

If you are running terminal Services you might want to check MS site before you make changes or run patch..........

It has been known to cause some issues with terminal services and Computer Management Snapins.............

I cant help but post this cooment...tried...but cant:

I LOVE LINUX