Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPRS Digicel settings for Nokia 8800

Question GPRS Digicel settings for Nokia 8800

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me. Ii bought the Nokia 8800 two days ago and haven;t been able to set it up for GPRS, digicel won't tell me the settings and although I have been through this forum and filled in everything I can see that I need to fill in, the phone is asking for an access number. I tried the *99# and the *99***#1 but neither work.

It seems this phone is set up a little differently to other Nokia phones and I just can't figure it out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andreab
    Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me. Ii bought the Nokia 8800 two days ago and haven;t been able to set it up for GPRS, digicel won't tell me the settings and although I have been through this forum and filled in everything I can see that I need to fill in, the phone is asking for an access number. I tried the *99# and the *99***#1 but neither work.

It seems this phone is set up a little differently to other Nokia phones and I just can't figure it out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

well why wont they tell you the settings for the phone? what network is the phone on? the provider should be able to tell you

its on digicel and they won't tell the settings as its not a phone that they sell its from the UK and unlocked, its driving me mad

USERNAME:WARUSER
    PASSWORD:WAP03JAM
    PHONE NUMBER:*99#

NAME-DIGICEL
    HOMEPAGE-WAPDIGICEL.COM
    WAP IP-172.16.7.12
    WAP PORT 1-9201
    CSD No.1-0147272000012
    USER NAME1-WAPUSER
    PASSWORD1-WAP03JAM
    SPEED(BPS)1-4800
    LINETYPE1-MODEM
    GPRS APN-WEB.DIGICEL.COM

these are the gprs settings for digicel as far as i know. dont know if they will help.
    you only need to use the *99# if you are using the phone as a moderm on your pc.

thanks for that, but its still not working (. Maybe I'll change to cable and wireless, they might be more forthcoming with the settings.

Also I tried to set up my husbands Nokia 3200 and it didn't work either. I got both phones at Casa Manolo in Mo Bay and although they can probably sort out the 3200, they can't figure out the 8800 either.

thanks for that, but its still not working (. Maybe I'll change to cable and wireless, they might be more forthcoming with the settings.

Also I tried to set up my husbands Nokia 3200 and it didn't work either. I got both phones at Casa Manolo in Mo Bay and although they can probably sort out the 3200, they can't figure out the 8800 either.
    What is the proxy u using in the phone??

8080 ???
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

lady what you must go is to call back digicel and tell then ur fone is a 6688 or 3200 bcuz both fones use the same settings, also ur sim card has 2 be provision for Gprs

nokia 8800 features

General Network GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
    Announced 2005, 1Q
    Status Available
    Size Dimensions 107 x 45 x 15 mm, 67 cc
    Weight 134 g
    Display Type TFT, 256K colors
    Size 208 x 208 pixels
    - Scratch-resistant glass
    - Downloadable wallpapers, screensavers
    Ringtones Type Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3, AAC
    Customization Composer, download
    Vibration Yes
    Memory Phonebook 1000 entries, Photo call
    Call records 20 dialed, 20 received, 20 missed calls
    Card slot No
    - 64 MB internal memory
    Features GPRS Class 8 (4+1 slots)
    Data speed 236 kbps (EDGE), 32 - 40 kbps (GPRS)
    Messaging SMS, EMS, MMS, EMail, Instant Messaging
    Clock Yes
    Alarm Yes
    Infrared port Yes
    Games 3 + Java downloadable
    Colors
    Camera SVGA, 800x600 pixels, video (QCIF)
    - Bluetooth
    - EDGE
    - Java MIDP 2.0
    - Durable stainless steel covers
    - FM radio
    - MP3/AAC player
    - xHTML browser
    - WAP 2.0
    - T9
    - Built-in handsfree
    - Calendar
    - Calculator
    - Pop-port
    - Voice dial
    Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 600 mAh (BL-5X)
    Stand-by Up to 190 h
    Talk time Up to 3 h

jomo Guest

go to the grenada branch in new kingston they will sort it out for you

Default Still not working

I have asked them to send out the settings for the 7150 but after three attempts I have still not received it, I am now thinking there is a problem with my SIM card that is not allowing me to received service messages. Digicel thinks the phone is not unlocked properly, however if it wasn't it wouldn't work at all with my digicel sim card. I am now at a total loss. I think I may change to C&W.

jomo Guest

how much did you pay for the 8800?????????

do you have a # for this place??