Thread: C++ GUI Question

Default C++ GUI Question

I have taken c++ programming in College and all i did was write code in a text based dos window. I hear people saying that many programs are written using c++. Example windows,linux,etc. How do you go from a text based writing to graphical/GUI. how do i create a graphical c++ program?? I think thats why i hated programming in class because it was all text. You programmers out there let me know how graphical programs are created.
    Thanks!
    Duster
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Well i feel the same way. Actually though, in most textbooks is a part that tell you how to go about developing GUI's. It is actually not hard the tools you need are there built in C++ eg. <windows.h>.

If you love programming research and lots of reading involved. Just allocate some time and you will be up there with the rest.

If you want to know how to create GUI's in C++ for windows you may want to get tutorials on MFC (Microsoft Foundtaion Classes) programming. for Linux look into The GTK widget library for starters. Get a graphical build tool for GUI creation.. You can look at the generated code.

also you could check out the forgers winapi tutorial that thing did wonders its really good but too low level to be of any use at all.

i also liked the forgers tutorial. but if you have .net just go c# ( even though they contend its the same code in all the .net languages).

Aint nothing wrong with text based baby, the theory of programming in a language
    is almost always text based. Mainly due to the fact that gui is just superficial junk.

Regards,
    Pogio

nobody buys text based anymore.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

lol, you mean you dont see text based anymore.

Almost everything I use jobwise and at home is text based.