Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Delphi developers out there?

Default Re:Any Delphi developers out there?

That's two.

[quote author=RobyG link=board=10;threadid=17;start=0#153 date=1027464126]
    Other than Delphi though, the next impressive is Java with is great in the Linux environment.
    [/quote]

Hey RobyG, now that you have Kylix installed and have said that it's better than you expected, are you still holding on to Java being next impressive to Delphi because it's great in the Linux environment? ;D

Now that I have 'kicked the tyres' of Kylix - It now ties with Delphi as #1. To be honest the #2 development tool/environment would have to depend on what you are doing (that is, the nature of the project).

Delphi is #1 because it can just about do anything except serve you coffee. ;D

Hey Rob,

I would ike an intro to Delphi...any dupes available?

let me know...

-donavon

If you wanna learn delphi just start with pascal. Delphi is to pascal what VB is to QB.

Delphi is really Object Pascal. However the language has changed so much that learning Pascal would simply be a sip from the fire hose.

Download a trial version of Kylix and check out the demo projects.

Kylix := 'Delphi for linux';

Whooohooo!!!

After all this time, I've finally run into a Delphi flock (a flock of three, but a flock nonetheless ).

Delphi ROCKS!!! I too have been having a serious difficulty locating local Delphi programmers... but after all these years there is a ray of hope! This is just another reason why I LOVE this site!

Hey fellow developers... could you give me an idea of what applications you guys have written so I can know what I can get help with.

Thanks guys.
    L8r

I have done many apps in Delphi, such as:

-Purchase Order Software
    -Project Management
    -Human Resource Software
    -Practice Management Software
    and many other customized apps

As I said before..I programmed in VB for years and one day when I was introduced to Delphi I made the switch and never looked back.

What version of Delphi do you use?

I was just thinking..probably we need a forum section entitled "Delphi programmers - the lost tribe" ;D

[quote author=odsamuels link=board=10;threadid=17;start=15#809 date=1032372185]
    Hey fellow developers... could you give me an idea of what applications you guys have written so I can know what I can get help with.
    [/quote]

My first delphi app was to add 2 + 2. For some reason which defeated me at the time, I kept getting 22.

Anyways, I deleted the source so you can't help me much now. Where were you 6 years ago?

Hey CKNight, I think you were getting 22 because you were doing string concatenation instead of numerical addition. ;D

I'm currently using version 6. It is really kewl.

I have been really trying to diligently go thru the Masterin Delphi book sets. That is a really cool book, but sometimes as they say, experience is the best teacher.

I hope I gots ppl that are Database veterans in here. ???
    I am embarking on some Database stuff. I am wondering if this integration with SQL Server thing is worth it/powerful enuff. Please lemme know.

I have been using (gasp) MS Access Databases (yes, yes... I know) and am ready to convert.

P.S. I think that whole " - lost tribe" bit was really funny.

(My two cents)

L8r