Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Delphi developers out there?

Default Any Delphi developers out there?

Jamaica seems to be short of Delphi developers. When will Jamaicans wake up and see that Delphi is the best RAD tool around? Everyone seems to be into VB these days but I am now trying to link up with 'birds of the same feather'.

Default Re:Any Delphi developers out there?

I used to develop in delphi. I moved on a few years ago when I was introduced to *gasp* VB. I prefer to program in Pascal actually, I've grown weary of GUIs. Give me a good text based IDE anyday.

Funny enough, I used to program in VB years ago until I met and fell in love with Delphi. Delphi seemed to be faster and much easier to delploy at the time. I also liked the way it did things and the vast number of third-party components available.

In the USA Delphi seems to be more respected among programmers than VB especially when it comes to low level programming and even database connectivity. Unfortunately, all of my Delphi related queries have to be directed to foreign-based programmers due to the scarcity of Delphi programmers here in Jamaica.

hush.

Hopefully this board will get more local Delphi developers and, generally speaking, more people of similar skill sets talking and aware of the fact that there are others around.

Hoping that all of the three delphi programmers in the island will visit this board is a tall order. ;D

Seriously though, since I stopped using delphi over 5 years ago, you're the first developer I've come accross. You people must be really few and far between.

Hey, more money for you.

Most programmers in Jamaica continue to program in the programming language that they learned at UWI, Utech, IMP or other computer courses. Now, I have never heard of Delphi being taught in any institution in Ja. Therefore Delphi is unpopular. For instance, Java is getting more popular because it is taught as an introductory programming language in many institutions.

Probably I should start offering Delphi classes. Or invite Borland to Jamaica in order to put on a conference or something.

Hmmm.....Food for thought!

Hey Rob,
          Here is one more reason to start developing on Linux :-)
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/26321.html

Yup, Linux is really the way to go but unfortunately I am yoked to my customers who use Windows ;D

Other than Delphi though, the next impressive is Java with is great in the Linux environment.

I guess you guys can welcome me to the club as a Delphi programmer since version 1. VB cant compare. When it comes to RAD no other tool beats Delphi. I have written several applications and tools in Delphi which have been implemented in a far less time than a comparable VB app. Delphi rules!!!