Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: More BIG ADSL news from C&WJ

I really don't see any other ISP competing with C & W right now. Other ISP may be able to offer lower/similar prices, but I haven't seen any that can compete in terms of stability and service.

So for me,it doesn't boil down to just cost but the total package, and C & W currently is the forerunner in terms of the total solution.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

You're mostly right seanbee, but as hard as it may seem, other ISPs can carve out their niche in areas where ADSL isn't available and offer value-added services that C&W doesn't offer (at the moment). It won't be easy because ADSL is widely available, but I'm sure there are areas.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Yup, good point, makes you wonder if they really gonna cut prices, because they not under any pressure from the compitition, and we know is only when them under pressure them act

No man competition is there, the good thing is C & W has been very proactive instead of being reactive. I guess they have learnt from past experiences (remember Digicel's entry [the rest is history])
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

hopefully 768k gets upgraded to 1mb+

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20
    I really don't see any other ISP competing with C & W right now. Other ISP may be able to offer lower/similar prices, but I haven't seen any that can compete in terms of stability and service.

So for me,it doesn't boil down to just cost but the total package, and C & W currently is the forerunner in terms of the total solution.
    I beg to disagree J2 is one of the better ISP.. However their service is limited to Kingston and Portmore. I get better internet service at home than at work (where we have a 512 K from C&W).

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet
    Yup, good point, makes you wonder if they really gonna cut prices, because they not under any pressure from the compitition, and we know is only when them under pressure them act
    They have to cut prices they are trying to have a foot hold before the fibre lines get here. Im not really looking forward to C&W playing a big role as an internet service provider but cutting prices is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    I beg to disagree J2 is one of the better ISP.. However their service is limited to Kingston and Portmore. I get better internet service at home than at work (where we have a 512 K from C&W).
    Maybe you can say this, because as you said they are only limited to Kingston and Portmore, it gets more difficult to maintain stability/support as you grow.

So the test then for J2 is to see if they can maintain this as they go islandwide.