Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: More BIG ADSL news from C&WJ

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE
    Its a good think i made the call already :->

Free modem + lower rates = at least 256kbps, maybe even 512kbps (if the pocket is willing)

Also, the PIC is currently being used in some Tax Offices. AT the Downtown Inland Revenue Department (aka Tax Office), there are three (3) setup with keyobard, mouse and monitor (no speakers). Is only USB connectors are possible though. I not sure what other use other than Internet it have though.
    GOOD THING MI DID CALL CARLA FROM WEDNESDAY..
    BY NEXT WEEK I AM GOOD TO GO..
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

But how come CC knows nothing of this?????

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    They dont read the paper or they dont utilise company mail
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    There are many cases where company's opt not to fully inform all of their staff of a promotion before they are relaeased in fear of Corporate Espionage, especially in a competitive environment.

In this case prices will not be release to the public till during or after The Horizon Conference as I have mentioned before. As such the agent within customer care would not be fully updated until closer to that date.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    They dont read the paper or they dont utilise company mail
    I don't think that is a fair statement. Indeed you may find some persons more pro-active that some, but what of those who simply don't have access to the resources, or the information has not been provided to them.

I can list 5 local companies of the top of my head that I can call right now and run circles around customer care regarding their own company information and plans, including the company you work for.

It is clear that the price has not been made public and stated in the press release so it makes now sense we call the people and ask them questions that we know they not going to answer.

-----

That being said.....

Droping the ADSL prices is good. After the offer that I heard that Fibralink made to a major CW client, much is in order, especially on the pricing scheme.

Yet I still have a couple of grouses. Am I the only one who notices that there seems to be a problem with their DNS servers?

I have been informed that CW, Alcatel and Nortel are working on some issues that they have however, will the systems hold strong towards the end of July and end of September when internet use spikes?

New sales is good but quality of service is more important.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

The persons who would know would be the Tele-sales persons but they won't tell you that. They say the last time they did that and something change, nuff people call and cuss so they don't let go that information again...unless you good a "Social Engineering"

But i have heard this from another person at C&WJ who say that is more like July 7th not 4th but the date don't matter cause is in July they doing it.

BUT I MADE THE CALL...DID YOU :-> I'm gonna be soo happy
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE
    The persons who would know would be the Tele-sales persons but they won't tell you that. They say the last time they did that and something change, nuff people call and cuss so they don't let go that information again...unless you good a "Social Engineering"
    that's exactly one of the reasons why I also don't divulge details Things change and people cuss because they can't resognise that.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus
    That being said.....

Droping the ADSL prices is good. After the offer that I heard that Fibralink made to a major CW client, much is in order, especially on the pricing scheme.

Yet I still have a couple of grouses. Am I the only one who notices that there seems to be a problem with their DNS servers?

I have been informed that CW, Alcatel and Nortel are working on some issues that they have however, will the systems hold strong towards the end of July and end of September when internet use spikes?

New sales is good but quality of service is more important.
    And somebody has mentioned to me that certain packets are being dropped over the ADSL connection. The problem originates from C&WJ using a new provider at the US end of the link which is using Stateful Inspection. This has caused some traffic to be dropped therefore things like video conferencing and some other thing (that i can't remember that the person mentioned) won't work unless is a leased line.

I'm not sure about this information but its not impossible. Stateful packet inspection looks at each packet down to Layer 2 so they can block any and everything.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Our DSL at work died for almost 4hrs today

I am counting down until the 4th or worse case 7th . Waiting to see what the prices are b4 i plung