Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: More BIG ADSL news from C&WJ

Default More BIG ADSL news from C&WJ

SEEKING TO step above the fray of the cellular phone wars, Cable & Wireless (Jamaica) has set its sights on delivering to Jamaicans another, equally addictive, telecommunications service - broadband.

Broadband is the term for the evolving digital technology that provides consumers with integrated access to voice, high-speed data, video on demand services and interactive delivery services.

"Broadband is the technology of the future," said Magnus Johansson, the company's vice-president of broadband and Internet services. To back up that statement, Cable & Wireless is to spend US$6.4 million to get 400,000 Jamaican households on to the Internet with the lure of lower monthly fees, low cost of entry and value-added services that will drive C&WJ's revenue.

At a briefing on Monday, C&WJ executives gave Wednesday Business an exclusive look at the broadband strategy.

For 2005, the target is to reach 50,000 households with 13,000 already subscribed to the service. Over the next three years, the company is looking to be in 400,000 households.
    Our long awaited Big ADSL News from C&W is here. It doesn't say what the new prices will be tho.

Full story here:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...business1.html
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

Default More BIG ADSL news from C&WJ

Well, the word is now official. As most persons speculated, C&W will be dropping their ADSL rates as of next week (July 4th). The question now is, by how much will they be dropping it? As always, I've heard that there will be some pretty impressive drops and package "re-arrangements"

See the news article ..
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

DIS SWEEET.... ME VEWY HAPPY MON!!!
    I know it hasnt come to pass as yet, but expectaion is making the heart glad ....
    In order to facilitate Jamaicans who do not have a personal computer, C&WJ has imported the personal Internet communication (PIC) device. It comes with a monitor, mouse, keyboard, modem and central processing unit. The PIC will allow users to download information from the Internet, but as a closed network, viruses cannot execute, thus preventing system crashes.

"The PIC has all the benefits of the online experience. Plus consumers will have three months to pay for equipment," Mr. Johansson said.
    The PIC is another of AMD's hardware/software offer and has been arround for a while...http://www.amd.com/us-en/Connectivit..._12264,00.html

Last edited by matronyx; Jul 1, 2005 at 08:07 AM.
    Calm Like a BOMB

OK! I'm glad a new thread was started and I think I should go apply for a home phone line. just in case I need to switch ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I've heard that there will be some pretty impressive drops and package "re-arrangements"
    Chris, well done! , sorry for doubting you man.. just wouldn't beleive it until I saw it. As for this news I expect good things to happen.
    Last edited by leoandru; Jul 1, 2005 at 08:27 AM.

Great news.... but now I am just so curious as to what the price drops will look like. Do i see 512 if my future?
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5