Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: More BIG ADSL news from C&WJ

Quote Originally Posted by bernie
    so tell me with all honesty.....i want to get highspeed internet.....recommend for me...j2 or C&W
    i spoke to the j2 guy personally, i was in his office with death knight and he says that ur not suppose to use p2p, they dont mind a one or 2 song. but the p2p thing is out.

if u apply to j2 u will probably get access in less than 48hrs, with c&w u will have to wait like 2 weeks
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    i spoke to the j2 guy personally, i was in his office with death knight and he says that ur not suppose to use p2p, they dont mind a one or 2 song. but the p2p thing is out.

if u apply to j2 u will probably get access in less than 48hrs, with c&w u will have to wait like 2 weeks
    what kind of play play thing that? you cant use p2p so what you are paying for,this is not america where they tell you when to go to the toilet this is jamaica where we supose to be free within the law and there is no law out here saying that you cant use p2p man get C&W dsl you pay you money you shuld be able to do whatever u choose within tha law of the land

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X

ok.. this is me downloading the latest episode of bleach.

I also use limewire I have no problem with that. there is no rule that you cant use p2p programs.. j2 asked it users to limit the number of connection the p2p make because it blogs the network with packet thats all. If you guys properly read the j2 thread yuo would have know that.

ok guess what.....i dont think when you pay for a service you should be limited as to your usage. is it that other isps are concerned with such or is it that j2 is incapable of handling certain things? if that is the case, i definately dont want to join with them
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

leoandru as stated in the J2 thread, isnt this whole p2p issue a downside of wireless and how it deals with the Data .... because ADSL does not have this same issue .... Ill look for what i read and quote it.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Found it ... it was posted by you
    Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    Not exactly. J2 use a broadcast network which means that the signals from the towers are broadcasted to everyone receivers. Your receiver is busy trying to figure out which of the broadcasted packet actually belongs to you. Many ppl downloading over many connections causes the network to be flooded with packets.. Your receiver has more overhead in trying to decipher which packet belongs to you simple because it has more packets to deal with. that overhead causes a decreased throughput to everyone. The advantage with dsl is that everyone gets a direct link back to the dslam (PPP). So DSl does not suffer from many users downloading over p2p. Cable internet suffers from the same phenomenon Because it broadcast the packets similar to broadcasting the tv channels to everyone. However its easy to work around that in cable internet by splitting the frequency over which the signals are broadcasted, Each neighbourhood can get a separate frequency, but it is very very very expensive to setup such a network and therefore you wont get that in Jamaica.
    Another reason why p2p degrade service is the numbers of threads they creata on the isp servers if you consider ecah connection you make as one thread then many threads on the isp server will fight to get a chance to do its job, which in itself will degrade performance. Its similar to running multiple programs on your pc, it slows down as a result. That can be solved if the isp have many servers to handle load balancing.

I hoped that help
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

OK guys, it now appears that since we've fully exhausted the original topic of this thread it can be closed off.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com