Thread: Display Problem(Notebook)

Exclamation Display Problem(Notebook)

I have a Compaq Prescario V2010. Notebook
    Since Saturday, I noticed that when I turn on, only about 3/4 of the screen is being used up as if the video card forgot that the computer is widescreen. The other 1/4 is just blank. Everything on the desktop is being displayed, but there is a black section to the right of my screen.

Dont know what to do.

Also, I am usually able to right click desktop, properties, then settings and select 1600x1200 resolution now I'm only able to go 1024x768.

The Intel display can be selected which has the max of 1600x1200, but as soon as I click apply and close, and check back it goes back to the Plug and Play display which has the max of 1024zx768.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 8MILE; Jun 29, 2005 at 09:26 AM. Reason: trying to attach a pic

That sounds very much like a driver problem. If you are using win xp go into device manager and roll back the driver or update the driver using your original driver cd. Look for updated drivers on hp web site and see if that works better than the one you have.
    I dream in my dream all the dreams of the other dreamers and I become the other dreamers.
    1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d

@8mile: what you can do is store the image elsewhere and link it to the post. See this thread for reference ... http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2835
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Ok, here is an example of what it looks like.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ay67/v2000.jpg

Thanks Chris
    Please help Ppl!

After seeing it, I think Raw Soul gave the best suggestions to try first. Make sure that you're using the latest video drivers - check HP's website if they have newer drivers than the one you're using. Also, make sure that your Windows is updated - may not be related, but doesn't hurt to be sure.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I check for Windows Updates everyday, and last night i tried the online help at HP but that didn't work.

I will try the driver update and see what happens. thanks.

Reinstalling drivers didn't work at all. I even tried the online help, and that didn't work either! They said something about BIOS, but I have no idea of how to go about checking the BIOS display settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm still unsuccessful in solving this problem. Please help!

presario v2010 manual http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...us&man_lang=en

Entering the BIOS Setup menu
    Entering the BIOS Setup menu requires pressing a specific key at a specific time. If you fail to enter the Setup menu on your first try, repeat the following steps until you are successful:

Close all applications that are currently running and restart the computer by clicking Start, Shut Down, Restart the Computer, and then OK.

When the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo screen appears, press the F10 key on the keyboard to enter the Setup menu.
    I dream in my dream all the dreams of the other dreamers and I become the other dreamers.
    1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d