Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try the new nivida drivers Forceware 77.72

Talking Try the new nivida drivers Forceware 77.72

Have anyone try the new forceware 77.72 or the 77.72 whql and whats the different between the forceware 77.72 and the forceware 77.72 whql edition
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

OK, i'm o give it a try den.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

whql means windows hardware quality labs and all drivers have to pass their test to approved for use wth windows xp, i tried them but nf2ug2 had some issues with it, it played battlefield 2 fine though, never tested it on much else.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    whql means windows hardware quality labs and all drivers have to pass their test to approved for use wth windows xp, i tried them but nf2ug2 had some issues with it, it played battlefield 2 fine though, never tested it on much else.

did play dvd movies without any problem and any increase in fps
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

TwistedPair Guest

Since I install the new drivers to play battlefield 2, video playback has been giving pure problems. Video will suddenly slowdown and the media player (any media player) will consume 99% of cpu resources.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPair
    Since I install the new drivers to play battlefield 2, video playback has been giving pure problems. Video will suddenly slowdown and the media player (any media player) will consume 99% of cpu resources.
    77.72(official) or 77.30(bf2 beta), not having any problem with 77.30, there was a moment of artifacting but cleared itself up, like i mentioned before 77.72 wouldn't let me play nfsug2 but bf2 worked, brothers in arms worked, juiced work, didn't check for a boost in fps (SCARFACE) since my system is cpu limited anyway. amd 2500+ @ 3200 feeding a 6800gt

i should mentioned that i have installed an unofficial patch for media play to use my videocard's hardware decoder, i did have and issue of weird colours with a wmv(wmp 9) file but that's this agp 6800gts don't support hardware decoding for that codec, maybe that's why other media formats don't give me high cpu usage.

I tried these drivers with Need for speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and fifa 2005 and no
    problems so far. Even fifa whe used to give mi fps problems not present
    anymore, yeh. Even the graphics seem a little better.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    77.72(official) or 77.30(bf2 beta), not having any problem with 77.30, there was a moment of artifacting but cleared itself up, like i mentioned before 77.72 wouldn't let me play nfsug2 but bf2 worked, brothers in arms worked, juiced work, didn't check for a boost in fps (SCARFACE) since my system is cpu limited anyway. amd 2500+ @ 3200 feeding a 6800gt

i should mentioned that i have installed an unofficial patch for media play to use my videocard's hardware decoder, i did have and issue of weird colours with a wmv(wmp 9) file but that's this agp 6800gts don't support hardware decoding for that codec, maybe that's why other media formats don't give me high cpu usage.

do unoffical patch fix the dvd video playback if so post link to find it and on nivida ftp i saw nivida purevideo dvd decoder 1.2 i am woudering if that would fix dvd playback

i have the new pure video decoder installed and thats what i've been using to play dvds ever since the first version so i don't have a dvd playback issue, had and issue wmv files but that seems to be a driver issue, i got the hardware decoder patch from and rss feed so i don't have a direct link to the files (2) but a google search came up with this link just remeber it's two updates and that it's only for wmv hd files

There was a video issue with the 77.72 drivers when I started GTA San Andreas.
    In the opening credits where u see images of the game, I noticed they didn't
    seem clear as if the colours were inverted. I didn't really mind this, so I started
    the game and it played fine for a while and then the screen change colour.
    Luckily, I was near a save point and could barely see where I was going.

So I guess I'll try the 77.30 which I can't find. Anyone know where I can
    find it for downloading?