Thread: Delphi /dll & bpl files ...

Default Delphi /dll & bpl files ...

Can somone recommend a good book on memory management in Delphi. And
    another book for a foundation of Delphi...Man memory management is a killer.........in this killer product...
    Making things easy for the common user makes things hard for a hard core developer

Google for a unit called FastShareMem. Much better than the native Borland Sharemem.pas for dlls that will pass strings as parameters. Also http://delphi.about.com has a nice article on memory management. Apart from that, Mastering Delphi 2005 is a good resource.

Exclamation

I heard Delphi filed bankruptcy!

Quote Originally Posted by tahtah_4755
    I heard Delphi filed bankruptcy!
    I think you have this wrong:
    Delphi Corp., the nation’s largest auto supplier, filed for bankruptcy Saturday, sending shock waves through a U.S. auto industry already weakened by high labor costs and falling market share.
    Story may be found here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9618565/. Some info on the language:
    Delphi is a ((computer science) a language designed for programming computers) programming language and ((computer science) written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory) software (A process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage)) development environment. It is produced by (Click link for more info and facts about Borland) Borland (known for a time as (Click link for more info and facts about Inprise) Inprise). The Delphi language, formerly known as Object Pascal ( (French mathematician and philosopher and Jansenist; invented an adding machine; contributed (with Fermat) to the theory of probability (1623-1662)) Pascal with (Click link for more info and facts about object-oriented) object-oriented extensions) originally targeted only (Click link for more info and facts about Microsoft Windows) Microsoft Windows, but now builds native applications for (An open-source version of the UNIX operating system) Linux and the (Click link for more info and facts about Microsoft .NET) Microsoft .NET framework as well
    last article here
    Last edited by Billerg; Oct 18, 2005 at 12:56 PM.
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !