Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Cell phones

Default 1 Million Cell phones

An article in today's paper had the title:

1 Million Cell Phones... claiming that both CWJ & Digicel has in excess of 500K customers with Centeniel coming in with just over 50K!

I wonder if these companies ever checked how much of that 500K is really 500K customers and not 300K customers owing more than one phone???

Case in point .... CWJ would have me up for 1 cell phone.... Digicel would have me up for two as well.

I am three customers?? or I am two? ;D

Default Re:1 Million Cell phones

Hey hey Collin, don't detract from some organisation's solid achievement Aren't you able to use one phone and call yourself on the other? So therefore you must be counted as TWO customers ;D

I also have a phone from each of C&W and Digicel. Come to think of it, most persons I know r come across have 2 phones typicaly from C&W and Digicel. Hmmm, does this mean we don't make the "top five per capital cellular phone user in the world" ???

It just goes to show you how misleading numbers can be at times

1 million phones does not necesarily equates to 1 million unique customers out of the total population.....

Hey Chris this would be a very good stat if applied to the # of the population with internet access.... 1M out of 2.5M ... Thats ACHIEVMENT!!! ... 40%

For the record, I have three (3) c&w phones. I only use one, but the other two have active lines.

Plus my girlfriend has two.

I guess that makes 5 customers between you and her ;D

Has anyone figured out what Centeniel is doing? does their service now cover the island?

[quote author=melbarr link=board=1;threadid=134;start=0#744 date=1032195427]
    Has anyone figured out what Centeniel is doing? does their service now cover the island?
    [/quote]

Centennial who?? Last I heard they still don't offer coverage outside of the few select areas..Kingston, St. Andrew, St. Catherine, etc. Here's that last news article regarding Centennial's new owners and their plans for the company: http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...business1.html

Centennial - (sen-ten'e-el)

adj.
    Of or relating to an age or period of 100 years.

n.
    A 100th anniversary or a celebration of it.

Ja.
    Insufficient feasibility study followed by unachievable promises prompted by bad business decisions.

I see, now I understand, I thought it was a prempting to something really great, after all to compete with two very large players and offer service in a quarter of their service area you have to be incredibly smart or incredibly stooopid... I guess now we how which...

The technology behind there service is great ! it offers the best clarity.
    There business practice and marketing plan can be questioned and the logic used.