Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caution: 120 Stolen Laptops

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    it's a given that they'll have to sell em cheap, but even if you keep 20 for yourself how do you sell 100 laptops without the police catching on? i'ld by a few but one wrong customer equals jail time.
    Usually when these people do high profile robberies like these they dont sell the goods immediately. They wait at least a couple of months (enough time for most people to forget about it), then they sell them cheap enough to get them off their hands quickly. Last year there was someone selling brand new Toshiba laptops for $20,000, and from what I heard they went like hot bread. So they can very well sell 120 without the police catching on.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

and u know i need a new laptop, but even if u buy a stolen laptop and u didn't know it was stolen u can still get into trouble. i was talkin to a police officer and he was tellin me ignorance is no excuse. so if ur caught will stolen goods even if u didn't know it was stolen u can still get in trouble with the law
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    and u know i need a new laptop, but even if u buy a stolen laptop and u didn't know it was stolen u can still get into trouble. i was talkin to a police officer and he was tellin me ignorance is no excuse. so if ur caught will stolen goods even if u didn't know it was stolen u can still get in trouble with the law
    That's very true, it's only if you can prove that you did due diligence before buying the items that you will get off.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

yep

thats why i was telling the other guys be careful of their intentions
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Thumbs up

Keep to ourselves... I am not coming to look for any of you guys or girls in stripes...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

stripes? you feel say govt have money fi waste pon prisoner clothes? or you pick out a personal tailer for prison? i say, if you buying anything and you suspect it, get a reciept. simple. and if possible, try to trace the serial #... electronics are funny like that. i dont know what the full course of action is that one would have to take to be in the clear, but chances are, even with a reciept your goods can still be confiscated.. and that means money lost... with the possibility of having to llink Max's tailor .
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

this was insured right? so the owner should get back their money.
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

if there is anyone here with connections to the company that was originally importing the machines, encourage them to post the make, models and serial numbers of the 120 machines here. Let's do what we can to make it difficult for these robbers to get away with this.

Thumbs up

Yea I agree...if the company publishes the detailed description (including serial numbers) of the laptops, no way they can sell without ppl having a good chance of knowing where they got them from. The most they could do is physically remove the numbers which will look suspicious in itself
    Last edited by bruckwine; Jun 6, 2005 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typos galore!
    "God always answers in the deeps, never in the shallows of our soul." --Anonymous

tha's only if u get caught, but i'm no sayin that one should buy stolen property.