Thread: iTunes exec tells Jamaican artists to take a hike

Default iTunes exec tells Jamaican artists to take a hike

What happened: Kirk Bonin, Artist/Label Relations Manager at iTunes Music Store got an email from Buju Banton's email promotion list (not sure if he was actually on the list or he was spammed).

He replied to it saying in that they should never ever send him anything to do with Buju Banton or any Jamaican artiste for that matter!

I guess Britain's largest black newspaper got on the trail and contacted him and here is the rest of the story.

A man in his position really shouldn't be generalizing with blank statements about Jamaicans ... especially since he could be/is in position to potentially stonewall Jamaican artistes who're trying to get International exposure.

=He replied to it saying in that they should never ever send him anything to do with Buju Banton or any Jamaican artiste for that matter!
    Oh my !! That really terrible..
    Last edited by ProdMaster; Jun 3, 2005 at 03:51 PM.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Interestingly, I sent him an e-mail on this issue a week ago and I haven't heard anything from him. I also know as a fact that other Jamaican webmasters also sent him an e-mail for "clarification", not sure if they got a response.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com