Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how flexible is vb when it comes on to creating gui

keroed1 Guest

Default how flexible is vb when it comes on to creating gui

can flash or any fancy mouse over or any hype graphics be included into a software designed by vb i am creating a software but my login screen or welcome screen as some may call it is very plain i try my best to make the rest of the system be as alive as possible but i dont know ......if anybody interested send me email name i can send it to and u guys can tell me wat u think can be done

P.S oh by the way just started teaching myself vb last week

vb can do what u ask.. as a matter of fact thats one of its strengths. I know nothing of the language cuz "I detest it to my bone" but I have seen it in action. BTW I just responded cause I think you should learn VB.Net instead of VB 6. They are a very different and VB.Net have more capabilities.

keroed1 Guest

oh cool in a nut shell wats vb.net about

oh yeah and i would have to try and get the software so its not called visual basic studio what is it called visual basic.net studio

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    I detest it to my bone"
    y do u hate it so much?
    Praise Ye JAH

Quote Originally Posted by kev1_mc
    y do u hate it so much?
    I also wonder (Ian voice twins of twins)

keroed1 Guest

wah u think mad hacker

i also have hate for vb [c++ forever]. vb 6 didn't give me the control that i wanted. they called it an O.o langauge but it really wasn't my hand was being held by the ide too much. didn't like that at all. vb.net on the other hand has brought some respect to the table where vbasic is concerned it gave the language far greater power and true object orientation but if it came down to choice i still would pick c++. keep in mindthat if you doing R.A.D then vb is probably the better choice.

keroed1 Guest

R.A.D wats that short for but doesnt where gui is concern it i sthe bestr and easiest

Quote Originally Posted by keroed1
    R.A.D wats that short for but doesnt where gui is concern it i sthe bestr and easiest
    R.A.D is short for rapid application development.

For those of u wondering why I don't like vb. here is my story.

Well it isn't my cup of tea when it comes to programming I just dont consider it to be a real programming language.

Real programmers don't code in VB!! Simple

I consider any C family language to (C, Objective C, C++, Java, C#) to be real programming languages.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    R.A.D is short for rapid application development.

For those of u wondering why I don't like vb. here is my story.

Well it isn't my cup of tea when it comes to programming I just dont consider it to be a real programming language.

Real programmers don't code in VB!! Simple

I consider any C family language to (C, Objective C, C++, Java, C#) to be real programming languages.

yep basically what i said a post or 2 back. its really not a programmer's thiing. it holds your hand too much you really dont do much of the work. but i'm a bit more hesitant to throw fire on vb based of my inexperience with vb.net i've really not used the language so icant pass much judgement on it. from what i've read though they tried to step vb up a bit. give yo more of the work to do than the vbengine it self.