Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards

pcchick Guest

Default Credit Cards

What do you think about Credit Cards? Whether their interests rates is low, high or there is no interest rates?

no interest rate.. as long as your clear ur bill b4 the due date.. u pay a yrly service charge.

pcchick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    no interest rate.. as long as your clear ur bill b4 the due date.. u pay a yrly service charge.
    Yes, the one I just received and yet to activate said that there is an annual fee of $99 which is not bad at all considering the very reasonable terms and conditions. I am one who reads the fine print and the fine print to the fine print, so I think it is a good deal.

Jamaica!!! here I come.

That annual fee seems steep to me....but I don't own a card so I guess I can't really say much on it!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    That annual fee seems steep to me....but I don't own a card so I guess I can't really say much on it!
    you will need permanent employment before you can qaulify for cards.. The annual fee was like gran + here I think . let me check mine and get back to you.
    Last edited by leoandru; Jun 2, 2005 at 10:09 AM.

I know the stipulations behind getting one....
    Not sure I trust them...I rather having a checking account and use a debit card....and get people with credit cards to buy stuff on the net for me then pay them back
    Last edited by Electrotechnic; Jun 2, 2005 at 10:14 AM.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Its like 50usd for the annual fee for an international visa card the last time I checked down here.
    The fee for local cards are rediculously low.

pcchick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    I know the stipulations behind getting one....
    Not sure I trust them...I rather having a checking account and use a debit card....and get people with credit cards to buy stuff on the net for me then pay them back
    I have that too. But in the US to build credit you need to take out stuff like cars (already have), house (already have that), and CC among other things.

There is no doubt that it has its disadvantages, but it has its advantages too.
    The one I have can be used as a quick money system where I go to a check cashing store, get some money off it and I pay back the CC in small increments on a monthly basis.

Also, IN A CASE OF EMEERGENCY, my CC comes in handy.
    But I will use this one, ONE TIME IN TOTAL for leisure. (yes I have to remind myself or I will go on a shopping spree) but gone are those days ...I'm more responsible now.

Ahaha.!..a CC is all about responsibility. You can use all the credits and swipe till you have all you WANT but you will have to pay it back with HUGH monthly costs. Or you can be the responsible human adult and use it AS NEEDED (emergency purposes) and then pay them back in small/full amonts until you are at 0...before purchasing again.

Credit cards are a decent convenience, one just needs to keep their head on their body and not buy things you wouldnt normally purchase or isnt normally able to afford.

If you have cable you must have seen the slew of debtfree ads running on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris
    Credit cards are a decent convenience, one just needs to keep their head on their body and not buy things you wouldnt normally purchase or isnt normally able to afford.

If you have cable you must have seen the slew of debtfree ads running on tv.
    yup.. it is my beleive that 80% of all americans are in credit card debt.