Thread: RPG Programmer (IBM AS/400 )?

Default RPG Programmer (IBM AS/400 )?

If you are an RPG programmer and looking for a full-time job send me an e-mail at robyg@jcl4ever.com

Default Re:RPG Programmer (IBM AS/400 )?

;D
    Are these the requirements???????

-------------------------------------Found this thing somewhere on the net

This position will be responsible for maintaining existing AS 400 RPG computer applications and design and develop new programs and applications for the current operating systems to meet user requirements.
    Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to facilitate problem solving. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions. Ability to read programs
    and use of query tools. Ability to analyze and interpret business requirements into system requirements.
    Flexibility to accept change and handle multiple priorities. One to two years programming language and hardware troubleshooting experience required. One to two years' experience with systems planning, testing and implementation required.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nice little thing i found - http://www.linomasoftware.com/products/rpgtoolbox/

Ok Ok hoping for a miracle - i'm monitoring AS400's now - and more power to the genuis man who can program for it. :P

RPG programming requires training and complex programs require experience. Although it looks more cryptic that PC programs, it is much easier. This is due to the fact that RPG can only do so much and is therfore not as powerful as PC programs. RPG (and programs on the AS/400) however are generally more stable than those on the PCs.