Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP + MySQL + Apache onWindows

Default PHP + MySQL + Apache onWindows

Anyone gotten this setup to run??
    I have gotten the PHP + Apache running on windows....but for some reason php isn't recognizing/loading the mysql class.
    I tried renaming the libmysql.dll to php_mysqli.dll in the php directory.
    I also have the extension=php_mysqli.dll in my php.ini file uncommented.
    Running phpinfo.php shows nada in the Additional Modules section.
    Calm Like a BOMB

did you specifically want to do separate installs for them. cause you could have gotten bundles with amp in one. example wamp or appserv.i have wamp running on windows for my php devel.

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    did you specifically want to do separate installs for them. cause you could have gotten bundles with amp in one. example wamp or appserv.i have wamp running on windows for my php devel.
    Seesh...now he tells me!!
    I HATE WINDOWS!!!
    (just venting all my frustrations and blaming someone for everything bad that has ever happened in my life...who better)

Why though doesn't WAMP come with Apache2.0?? http://www.wampserver.com/en/index.php
    Last edited by matronyx; May 20, 2005 at 09:46 AM.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Oh..I found the answer...

http://www.wampserver.com/en/add-ons.php

APACHE 2 ADD-ON (5 Mo) - DOWNLOAD
    This add-on replaces apache 1.3.X by apache 2.0.50. It is fully compatible with other add-ons and can be installed before or after them. On the other hand, this add-on breaks the versions link, so you won't be able to directly upgrade WAMP5 with next version once this add-on is installed. Since apache 2 is not considered as fully stable with PHP, you should only install this add-on if you really need apache 2.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    Well in my experience, setting up separate installs teach you more about the software packages and also this is the kind of setup you would do for a live system. I would not recommend wamp for live, only for development.

On the other side though, if you want to get a php coding as fast as possible, then wamp sounds less hassling!

Quote Originally Posted by alexdevmaster
    Well in my experience, setting up separate installs teach you more about the software packages and also this is the kind of setup you would do for a live system. I would not recommend wamp for live, only for development.

On the other side though, if you want to get a php coding as fast as possible, then wamp sounds less hassling!
    I have no problem coding php...my problem lies within getting the new mysqli class to load.

In linux I have no probs setting anything up...its just the documentation for the windows version of MySql and PHP seems to be incomplete.
    If you check their respective forums you will see where they are still being sorted out for windows.

Believe me...if I had a choice I wouldn't have even bothered with the whole idea of doing this without linux...

When I get home later I'll just go through again and see what is amuck...
    Calm Like a BOMB

yeh really i have no time to install them separate my coding is what is important so i just use the bundles to get things moving quickly wamp.

I would recommend installing them separately, well if you have the time.
    He who hesitates, dies.

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx
    Anyone gotten this setup to run??
    I have gotten the PHP + Apache running on windows....but for some reason php isn't recognizing/loading the mysql class.
    I tried renaming the libmysql.dll to php_mysqli.dll in the php directory.
    I also have the extension=php_mysqli.dll in my php.ini file uncommented.
    Running phpinfo.php shows nada in the Additional Modules section.
    I had the same problem when I first setup my WAMP server. What I did to get around it was to create a new folder in the "php" (c:\php) folder and called it "loadedexts" (c:\php\loadedexts) and then point it as the extensions folder in the php.ini file. Then just before I un-comment the extansions in the php.ini file, I move them from the original folder to the one I created.

The first time I install the WAMP, I was using PHP4 and it worked fine with the original extensions folder. But, for some strange reason it refuses to load some of them in PHP5 from the original folder. It worked fine afterwards so maybe it will work for you.

BTW, Installing them separately really does take up anymore time that with WAMP or EasyPHP. Its usually the configuratioins that takes up the time and you may still have to do this with WAMP and EasyPHP.

Open Source apps are usually designed with other Open source apps inmind. So, yes AMP would fuse easier with Linux. Just like IIS/MS SQL was designed for use on Windows based systems.
    Last edited by VXDriven; Nov 19, 2005 at 02:47 AM.
    EXPERIENCE IS EVERYTHING!!!

I just installed wamp 5 on xp home, (because no IIS, ... so Apache)
    the apache (wampapache) sevice wont start...WHY??
    I am coding some php in dreamweaver 8

Anyone using wamp on xp home??
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com