Thread: Cutting the Cable - Picking Up Over the Air TV

Default Cutting the Cable - Picking Up Over the Air TV

Since I don't watch cable (just the local news), I got rid of it and decided to get an antenna to pick up just the local channels.

Bought this FLATEnna antenna from Channel Master as it came recommended and can pick up signal 35 miles out. But despite being less than a mile from both TV stations, still getting what looks like analog tv signal (like from a rabbit ears antenna) and not digital HD signal. Could be my TV. Not sure. The TV only shows that it picks up VHF signal via ATV (I am guessing that means Analog TV?). The other option the TV supports is DTV (Digital TV?) But it doesn't pick up any signal on that.

I see Broadcast commission advertising NextGEN TV is here but looks like I might need a tuner for that.

https://www.channelmaster.com/collec...na-cm-4001hdbw

Anyone cut the cable and picking up local over the air tv? Hows your experience?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Not OTA. Can link with me directly on that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Not OTA. Can link with me directly on that.
    Have no clue what you're saying khat. lol Speak english.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Check your DMs. The FLATenna 35 looks interesting. Maybe look into IPTV services?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I can't cut cable because the higher powers say she wants some channels. I do have streaming services and only recently, like over the weekend, setup a network for IPTV services I'll dabble in. So not cable cutting as yet, expanding options for now.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com