Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Question Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

I must admit I am not a star wars fan, but to tell u the truth this one looks maaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!, definitely a must see. What do the rest of u think?

i guess I'll take a peep at it....

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by jerry
    I must admit I am not a star wars fan, but to tell u the truth this one looks maaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!, definitely a must see. What do the rest of u think?
    THIS ONE I HAVE TO SEE AT CARIB!!!
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Talking

Palace multiplex, here i come

i hope this one is (i've been hearin good thing) i may watch it 8:30 thurs morning at cineplex, i prefer Carib but the early morning crowd might be more fun, the one at Matrix revolutions sure was, it could hav been the free beer or just the fact that it was so early in the morning and peeps had so much energy (not me i hate sunlight)
    the dedicated matrix fans were there from aound 2am the nite before (either dedicated or cheap, 1st 25 people got in free) i want to c jamaican star wars fanatics so i'll probably c it then, if not it will be carib in the evening

Star Wars finally comes full circle. I saw it today... and let me tell you...

...my God... it was so beautiful. I almost cried. For the first time since 1983, George Lucas has allowed his actors to infuse some SERIOUS emotion into their performance. When you see how Anakin Skywalker crossed over to the darkside, you will gain new respect for George Lucas' brilliant story telling. I won't spoil it for you guys, but lemme say this:

Next to The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Revenge of the Sith is easily the best Star Wars movie ever made. It was utterly, absolutely, brilliant. You truly FELT the weight of the burden that spawned the sequence of events leading to the ultimate and expected final conclusion. It was so sad, but so powerfully emotional that you may walk out of the auditorium feeling a little depressed. It was that emotionally stirring.

When you see hardcore guys who've been Star Wars fans since 1977 walking out crest fallen (some almost to the point of tears), you knew it was an emotionally jarring experience. Even though they knew it would happen, it is the way in which it happened that caught many people unprepared. It's amazing how such a powerful and genuine emotion as love could lead to such a destructive end. The story telling was excellent. George Lucas has redeemed the prequels at long last.

- Light sabre battles GALORE! (Anakin Vs. Obiwan was FANTASTIC!! Yoda opens up several cans of whoop-@$$!!! )
    - Space Battles GALORE!
    - Non-stop action sequences! (you might not be able to take it all in with one viewing)
    - Incredible CGI special effects!

Plus, all of the following are clearly Explained:

- Why Anakin (reluctantly) became Darth Vader
    - Why Darth Vader has those scars all over his body
    - Why Palpatine looks that way
    - How Bail Organa came into possession of Princess Leia
    - How Luke came to live on Tatooine
    - Why neither Luke nor Leia remember their mother
    - Why Luke and Leia were separated at birth
    - Why Obiwan disappeared when struck with Vader's sabre in Episode 4
    - Why the Tantive IV (the white ship) is attacked at the beginning of Episode 4
    - How the Jedis were wiped out, and why
    - How the clone troopers became storm troopers
    - How the Galactic Empire was formed
    - Why Yoda went into exile on Dagoba
    - Why Obiwan Kenobi went into hiding on Tatooine
    - Why the rebel movement is formed and by whom
    - Why Alderaan was the first planet that was destroyed in Episode 4 by Vader
    - Why Naboo is never mentioned in the first trilogy (Episodes 4 - 6)
    - Why Darth Vader saved Luke's life at the end of Episode 6 (Return of the Jedi)

This was truly a brilliant movie. If you are even remotely a Star Wars fan (even if you're female and prefer chick flicks with lots of drama) You will not be disappointed. Do NOT miss this one. You might regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    Star Wars finally comes full circle. I saw it today... and let me tell you...

...my God... it was so beautiful. I almost cried. For the first time since 1983, George Lucas has allowed his actors to infuse some SERIOUS emotion into their performance. When you see how Anakin Skywalker crossed over to the darkside, you will gain new respect for George Lucas' brilliant story telling. I won't spoil it for you guys, but lemme say this:

Next to The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Revenge of the Sith is easily the best Star Wars movie ever made. It was utterly, absolutely, brilliant.)
    I EAGER TO SEE IT STAR!!! CHO!!! JUST NO TIME YET!
    Last edited by ProdMaster; May 19, 2005 at 02:49 PM.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Thumbs up

I have my space reserved at Multiplex @ 9 PM tonight

no time for a long review, let me just say this Episode 3 is the shiznit (getting the bootleg later) Cineplex sux wat the hell is up with their sound UP and down vol. levels (i have better sound quality at my yard) go see it at carib burn cineplex, i only saw it there cuz i wanted to c it the 1st chance i got, this flick deserved the applause it got at the end.
    also if u hav a girl that says she isn't a star wars freak drag her to c this and she will be converted (unless she has no soul) i know 2 that were converted this morning "oooh that was so good, i must listen to u more often" "i told u so"
    oh and general grievous is a bait. go watch this at the cinema it's actually worth the money (except at cineplex)
    now i'm off to hand in my lotto ticket to collect winnings so i may see it again
    Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of The Sith miss it u must not

Yow, the guys who've seen it before, I'm asking you nicely, don't reveal any of the plot elements here. Let people go and see the film uninitiated. I want them to have the same startling reactions I did.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Free Man
    ...also if u hav a girl that says she isn't a star wars freak drag her to c this and she will be converted...
    - So True! The film is an emotional rollercoaster of galactic proportions. There's no woman in her right mind who could resist the plotting in this film. Even if you're not a Star Wars fan, it will appeal to you at an unprecedented level. It was such a great film like that. It's the only new Star Wars film I would drag a woman screaming and kicking to, fully confident that it will blow her mind. Trust me, I agree with you FULLY brejin.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Free Man
    getting the bootleg later
    - If it is even remotely possible, I hope the yute dem ease off the boot-legging until they see it in the Cinema at least once. But I recommend you guys get the DVD. If you need to see it repeatedly before the DVD comes out, that's the only way I'd condone something like that (Cinema visits not cheap these days). Even then, it's not to keep permanent copies, rather, just to satiate us until the DVD comes out next year. To me, Star Wars should not be bootlegged. A film of this calibre deserves to be paid for. I personally will be getting this DVD (as I have the last 5 films). Star Wars too good to bootleg.