Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 150 post requirement is too gotdam high

Thumbs down The 150 post requirement is too gotdam high

30-50 I can see making sense, 50 -75is high and strict, 76-100, is hinging on crazy town, 150 is just completely disincentivizing anyone from using this thing that’s not been active here since the dawn of the first man. I’m looking to trade my amd parts for Intel parts for an hackintosh project(it already works but I want properly compatibility) but even though I’ve been here for a while now I’m still sub 20 on the post count. This level of restriction is not normal.

This has been discussed some time ago and is not a contention on TechJA alone. Many forums and other places (like torrent sites) have member requirements that are always met by persons who actually want things. That being said - there was talk about reviewing the requirements but I'm not sure where it's at.

The usual way to gain post counts would have been:
    1. Introduce yourself.
    2. Find threads you're familiar with the topic and post an opinion.
    3. Find threads you're knowledgeable on and write a "thesis" on it.
    4. Create posts with unique content/questions.
    5. Add random thoughts/inputs to existing threads.

I acknowledge that not everyone has the patience to do this, but until the requirements are met or changed, there's nothing else that can be done.

You joined in 2019 - a year ago. If you made 13 posts each month in that year you'd have exceeded the requirements. That's less than one post per day. If you actually got into the discussions then you'd have gone way past it.

Again on that note - it depends on what you're doing. I've been a member on a lot of different tech sites and never posted for 5+ years. This is because I've never needed to. I went for information. I either got it or figured it out. But if you actually have an interest in either the site or content - post once a week or something. I check the site at least weekly. But that's just me.

Let's wait for one of the persons who can make those decisions to chime in. I've personally helped out members needing to post things who are under the requirements - based on the length of time they've been members or the quality of the content. But. Let's wait and see.

*EDIT*
    Just looked and saw that I have 4,900+ posts since I joined. That's about 25 posts per month in the past 16 years. Which means I'd have hit the requirement in about 6 months. Half the time you've been a member. Just saying.
    Last edited by khat17; Sep 13, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I also thought that the post requirement was high initially but I got to it in no time. However I understand the limit of the post as it is to protect the community. It is good to know that you can trade with people who you can trust within a community.

But you have raised a good point that the section has not been that much active recently but that is more due to other factors such as users not signing in anymore or People like me not upgrading parts that often. Maybe the post count can be reduced to 100 but no lower.

Just visiting daily see if there is any post that you can comment on that has an interest to you should get your post count up.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Maybe the post count can be reduced to 100 but no lower.
    While always open to feedback and suggestions, there is acceptance that there's no pleasing all the people all the time. While I could see lowering the requirement, even lowering it to 100 as suggested would be ok with some of us, but would still be seen as crazy by others.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Yeah, I don't mind lowering the requirements a bit due to the forums not as active as it once was. Any where in the 50 - 100 range. 75 is a good middle ground in my humble opinion.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I respect you guys and how you've all gone about creating this great hub for us locals, its not easy finding an online community based on local stuff. that being said i agree with what's being said and I'd second the 75 count as well. ill try to be more active, though i dont post often unless i see need to.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrinsheep View Post
    I respect you guys and how you've all gone about creating this great hub for us locals, its not easy finding an online community based on local stuff. that being said i agree with what's being said and I'd second the 75 count as well. ill try to be more active, though i dont post often unless i see need to.
    Just post random stuff to add to the discussions. Once you get to the requirement then you can relax.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

lol alright. I'll do that. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrinsheep View Post
    lol alright. I'll do that. thanks.
    See...two already in two days
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

The post count requirement has been revised to 75.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com