Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix for Flow Remote?

Default Fix for Flow Remote?

I have the Flow remote, the one that came with the AVS Box, Tv button only worked occasionally, opened to clean the contacts and now the remote has stopped working, the only thing I see is the cable power button flash for around 10 second whenever any button on the remote is pressed. I assume hopefully the remote lost the code for the cable box. Any one know how to program this thing, Flow tech support was not able to resolve this problem and to frustrate me even more the already flaky remote in the Flow Go app has stopped working too.

What i have tried so far:
    Change to newer batteries, twice
    Tried program the TV/Cable box using the OK and the Cable/TV button combination
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Aug 27, 2017 at 02:17 PM.

Best you get a new one.... cost about $2000 to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Best you get a new one.... cost about $2000 to replace.
    Why?
    --------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Why?
    --------------------------
    See your first post for all the reasons?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I've changed about 4 of those remotes... once you drop them they pretty much done....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I have the Flow remote, the one that came with the AVS Box, Tv button only worked occasionally, opened to clean the contacts and now the remote has stopped working, the only thing I see is the cable power button flash for around 10 second whenever any button on the remote is pressed. I assume hopefully the remote lost the code for the cable box. Any one know how to program this thing, Flow tech support was not able to resolve this problem and to frustrate me even more the already flaky remote in the Flow Go app has stopped working too.

What i have tried so far:
    Change to newer batteries, twice
    Tried program the TV/Cable box using the OK and the Cable/TV button combination
    Have you replaced batteries? I find they stop working when battery power is low.
    PHONE: XR

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I've changed about 4 of those remotes... once you drop them they pretty much done....
    why not use your smart phone and use the learn remote function for a custom remote
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    why not use your smart phone and use the learn remote function for a custom remote
    I personally use a Harmony remote to control all my devices... but there are 4 other TVs in the house that use the regular flow remotes...

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    Have you replaced batteries? I find they stop working when battery power is low.
    Tried that like twice, going to try this one more time with an unopened pack of batteries. Recall the only issue at the time was the TV button not working (was not dropped), so I opened the remote to clean off the contacts, which I have done many times before with other malfunctioning remotes, only to be greeted on reassembly with that cable button light flashing for 10 seconds whenever any button is pressed.
    If it is broken beyond repair so be it, will just have to buy a new one, I was just wondering if the flashing light indicating it lost the factory programming code.

I have brand new Flow remotes $2500. To ensure I have yours please post a picture thanks.