Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranked Choice Voting - Relative Choice Voting - Binary Search - Binary Sort

Default voting algorith

I want to fix this code. Correct maths is just correct maths

Jerrymandering in Jamaica???

Imagine, in Jamaica, an area with a lot of poor people, and one seat for that region. At another region, a very few rich people, and again, one seat for that region. Another region over yonder, and few rich people as well, and one seat for them. Because we use seats in Jamaica and not majority vote, we can have majority voting for "A" and still would not win the main election. Picture the rich people voting for different interests than the poor people. Furthermore, poor people are not allowed to vote in the other districts simple because they cannot afford to reside there. Is this orchestrated by the colonizers?

I do not ever care for the two major parties here. Both IMO are puppets for colonizers, selling out the country and destroying the wild lands.

The 1949 Jamaican general election was much closer. The PNP received more votes (203,048) than the JLP (199,538), but the JLP secured more seats; 17 to the PNP's 13. Two seats were won by independents. The voter turnout was 65.2%.
    Anyways the correct algorithm is correct algorithm (Jerrymandering is outside the scope of this algorithm)

Imagine Biden, Kamala, Jesus were running in an election. Less than half the people like this group only.
    Also, Trump, DeSantis, and Hannibal were running. More than half like this group only.

Relative Rank votes being used, and individual RR votes listed below:
    B,K,J
    K,J,B
    J,B,K
    and more votes
    T,D,H
    D,T,H
    D,H,T
    H,D,T
    then:
    D should win because of majority criterion
    Agreed that this is correct? If so then: because this is something that our minds can process and see, then it should be possible to have an algorithm that calculate using the same rules of voting without breaking the voting criterion listed earlier in this post.

The initial code that I wrote was garbage. I will try to redo it when I can
    Last edited by crosswire; Jan 2, 2023 at 01:56 AM. Reason: flow edit
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

An Example of Jerrymandering

PS I don't care about the parties

People are free to vote as they please.

Happy new year! I am surprised it took 2 years to realise that the original code was "garbage". There is always this problem of trying to solve the wrong thing with technology. As the saying goes if you only have a hammer all you will see is nails everywhere. You lose objectivity. Eitherway keep at it. Jamaica needs research.