Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS5 Official Release Event

Default PS5 Official Release Event

NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

Looking forward to getting one when they come out.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I can honestly say my PS4 is not lacking, I see where it can hold me for another 2-3 years .... and I not too feeling the PS5's design... Maybe when they revise it and slim it down..

But for now PS4 to the world lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I can honestly say my PS4 is not lacking, I see where it can hold me for another 2-3 years .... and I not too feeling the PS5's design... Maybe when they revise it and slim it down..

But for now PS4 to the world lol
    In my case my boys and I have outgrown the storage on the internal storage and the external HDD take up a USB slot so that's my reason (excuse) for wanting a PS5. I'm also banking on PS4 backward compatibility. I'm also not feeling the new design and if there's no option to lay flat then that may be a show-stopper for me unless I can figure out how to fit in the tower format in my "decor".
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In my case my boys and I have outgrown the storage on the internal storage and the external HDD take up a USB slot so that's my reason (excuse) for wanting a PS5. I'm also banking on PS4 backward compatibility. I'm also not feeling the new design and if there's no option to lay flat then that may be a show-stopper for me unless I can figure out how to fit in the tower format in my "decor".
    It's going to have a stand that you can use to lay it flat.. it's just not gonna be sleek looking as it has so many curves... One of my PS4's is wall mounted and it looks so sleek and flat on the wall .... PS5 won't give that same vibes..

You could always replace your PS4 Hard-drive with bigger... and I find 1TB to be plenty space, I play maybe 2-3 games at a time so I don't need 100s of games sitting on the system lol

The PS5 design to me is like it took 2 steps back..

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I don't mind the PS5 design I guess because I can understand it. Gives the illusion of a V for 5 at he from and wavey nature all around is actually for cooling. Hot air will be rise to the top where the opening seems to be larger and that will naturally pull air from the lower section even if there was no fan in it so they can use a lower fan speed to cool it and it cools quicker when you turn it off.

I suspect that the white plates can be changed to some other colour as someone from the playstation team hinted at a high level customization. Would not be surprised if the controller has plates that can be changed as well.

I will probably get one as I missed the PS4 Generation so backward compatibility works for me.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Another year another console. Same games with prettier graphics. Yawn. I will expect a pro version to be released in a couple years and games that are 250 gb downloads. Fun times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Another year another console. Same games with prettier graphics. Yawn. I will expect a pro version to be released in a couple years and games that are 250 gb downloads. Fun times ahead.
    The Graphics will be prettier yes but I think this Gen of consoles in Particular the PS5 will more than likely change the way some games are designed to give a different type of experience.
    The efficiency of moving data around in the memory subsystem of the PS5 is what is interesting to me. It may be about 2 years before the PC has some thing as efficient.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    games that are 250 gb downloads
    I'm convinced that I've downloaded that amount in Microsoft system updates for my XBOX one S so far.
    250GB per game wouldn't be such a bad trade-off if it means faster loading times in comparison to streaming content or loading from an optical drive.

What I'd be curious to know is how well the SSD is being utilized for retrieving the content on-demand. I'd petition to convert everything to NVME.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I'm convinced that I've downloaded that amount in Microsoft system updates for my XBOX one S so far.
    250GB per game wouldn't be such a bad trade-off if it means faster loading times in comparison to streaming content or loading from an optical drive.

What I'd be curious to know is how well the SSD is being utilized for retrieving the content on-demand. I'd petition to convert everything to NVME.
    I think they are moving everything to NVME for gaming in the near future. SSDs will soon become the minimum spec for games on the PC.
    Games may not increase in size much due to SSDs. The creators won't have to duplicate repeated assets on the disk to ease load times as they would on HDDs.