Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Coping with threats from Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    It takes practice and getting in the frame of mind. If possible, start by creating a dedicated space for work and minimize distractions in that area. Some people even get dress etc. like they are going to the office/client. Just find what works for you, it will take some effort though.

Natural light helps, so its good if you have some windows to let the sun in.

Working from home is awesome (6 years), but the distractions are real. I have a separate desk in my office for my work laptops, if not i camp out in the kitchen for the day. Helps when you don't have kids.

Working remote definitely requires some form of back up internet, even if it's just a hot-spot.
    yep - backup internet is a definite must, and a ups/generator for elite level, jps uptime for me i'd put at acceptable to good
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

This is definitely a game changer for the world going forward. In Jamaica's case, we've been holding up quite ok so far. And many things on the tech side, once thought impractical. Is now being done, such as online services for school, work and Business. Going forward I hope we can Maximize on these new methods, and work and learn more efficiently. Our telecoms providers need major upgrades on the capacity and fixed services side.

On a personal level, I'm very much spiritual and steadfast in Jesus Christ and my faith belief. I'm not perfect, but faith in God helps me be strong and keeps me going. This is something out of a horror Movie, and it has definitely have me thinking. I mean did this virus evolve naturally, or are we looking at a potential Bio weapon?. This virus has little effect on external surfaces around us. And on the environment, but on a Human level. It's deadly and difficult to treat. Sometimes I wonder if Governments and private companies focusing on Bio weapons and virology. Are secretly working together, like a Umbrella Corporation type setting. To reduce Global population and through fear and economic desperation. Put us fully under their control, ushering in a new World Order. I know these thoughts are a bit on the wild and conspiracy side. But it's something to think about, we are being told what they want us to know. Not the actual truth, just programming the Matrix.

Meh. Seen enough conspiracy theories.

It's a bio weapon. It's a result of 5G. The most likely one is bio weapon - and engineered by China. This would be to kill stocks worldwide so that China can then buy them up and have major shares. It's plausible.

On another note. I'm annoyed a bit now. The places are closing even earlier and it makes it difficult to get wants/needs. I've not stocked up because this isn't the "end of days" or such. But - on a Biblical kind of perspective - it gives an idea of what can happen in the last days. Governments take measures based on "public safety" that then gets enforced due to "emergency management" protocols.

Once it blows over we'll see how things go. But for now - my BIGGEST hope is that these jackrabbits will go back to local farming and growing what we need instead of importing everything.....

Unfortunately - due to policies - the Chinese that can't do work right now have stopped work in certain areas. And we can't use local workers because of said policies. But. Such is life.
    Last edited by khat17; Apr 2, 2020 at 08:25 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    This is definitely a game changer for the world going forward. In Jamaica's case, we've been holding up quite ok so far. And many things on the tech side, once thought impractical. Is now being done, such as online services for school, work and Business. Going forward I hope we can Maximize on these new methods, and work and learn more efficiently. Our telecoms providers need major upgrades on the capacity and fixed services side.

On a personal level, I'm very much spiritual and steadfast in Jesus Christ and my faith belief. I'm not perfect, but faith in God helps me be strong and keeps me going. This is something out of a horror Movie, and it has definitely have me thinking. I mean did this virus evolve naturally, or are we looking at a potential Bio weapon?. This virus has little effect on external surfaces around us. And on the environment, but on a Human level. It's deadly and difficult to treat. Sometimes I wonder if Governments and private companies focusing on Bio weapons and virology. Are secretly working together, like a Umbrella Corporation type setting. To reduce Global population and through fear and economic desperation. Put us fully under their control, ushering in a new World Order. I know these thoughts are a bit on the wild and conspiracy side. But it's something to think about, we are being told what they want us to know. Not the actual truth, just programming the Matrix.
    I would upvote if I could.
    This could be a BIO Weapon and even if it wasn't before ...you know it is added to the arsenal now.
    it could also be just earth just pushing back. We are not taking care of it due to greed in the world.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

So we are in the conspiracy section now? *pulls up chair*

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    So we are in the conspiracy section now? *pulls up chair*
    heheh - the worst conspiracy is the 5G bit - I just can't come to terms why persons think 5G networks and this pandemic has some form of relation

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/4/21...cy-theory-link
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    heheh - the worst conspiracy is the 5G bit - I just can't come to terms why persons think 5G networks and this pandemic has some form of relation

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/4/21...cy-theory-link
    One angle I heard is that it would encourage more use/purchases of Chinese manufactured equipment. Not sure how though.

Clearly, with the new developments linking the WHO with misleading comments about the virus, more conspiracy theories will come up.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    One angle I heard is that it would encourage more use/purchases of Chinese manufactured equipment. Not sure how though.

Clearly, with the new developments linking the WHO with misleading comments about the virus, more conspiracy theories will come up.

The 5G conspiracy Theory makes no sense as the outbreak has happened in countries or areas without 5G. There is a valid concern over one of the Frequencies that 5G may use however it would not create and spread a disease.

China holds a significant amount of 5G patents hence why one reason why those equipment wont be allowed in the Western World in anycase.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Just like Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 ... the people who should know the most have no clue.....

2020 ... these are the F****** days... just gawn pree...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

The 5G conspiracy theory touting hacks clearly have not done physics or even done research before polluting the world with rubbish.

The frequency bands that have been deployed in China are in the 2.5 GHz and 3.5 GHz range. Your wireless router (N/AC) have been operating at 5 GHz since 2000s. I will just leave it at that.

Technical individuals should not waste their time even discussing it.

Back to the COVID-19 discussion and its effects. I would like to know how it will change companies going forward. The argument was usually given that you needed to go work (the place) in order to work (the task). Now that the world has learned that the work is not a destination and it can be done from anywhere (office type workers specifically) it will be difficult to put these genie back in the bottle.

Coming out of this a lot of tech companies have received a windfall of new subscriptions to allow RDP clients, VPN clients, Teleconferencing clients, Softphone clients etc. Retail (Groceries) and IT (Remote working software and infrastructure) will likely see their best quarters ever. A few months from now you can expect Security companies to new subscriptions as well as all these remote connections will need to be protected.

The only unfortunate part is that the ISPs were not ready for this scenario and continue to provide anemic upload speeds so the remote experience is not adequate for some. I guess they will have no choice but to make upgrades to satisfy demand.